EVENT Tulsa Rocketry High Frontier 15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Hey guys never to early to plan. Come join Tulsa Rocketry in the rolling hills of Osage County. Located at the Pawhuska Municipal Airport in Pawhuska, Oklahoma for High Frontier 15. Our 15th year in a role to host this blockbuster of a launch. Waiver is 20,000 feet AGL. The dates are Saturday and Sunday September 29th - September 30th 2017. Range opens 9am - 5pm both days. Camping allowed on site but no running water. Porta Potys will be available. There will be a night launch on Saturday night after dark. All ages welcome. It is a blast no pun intended. Closest to the Buffalo contest and give aways for the kids. Mini Magg and Warlock drag races (more information on the drag races coming soon). Check back at a later time on the website for further information and registration information.

https://tulsarocketry.org/high-frontier/

https://www.facebook.com/Tulsa-Rocketry-118976091496909/

At Airfest I picked up a BUNCH of 13 & 18mm BP motors. Unfortunately they have have been heat cycled. So I built a 2"dia × 2.25" spool to eat the 13mm iffy motors. For the 18mm I am adding a booster to a scratcher that will be called The Purple Motor Eater. If a motor goes "BOOM", no loss. My daughters would be PO,d, they've always liked that one. That one will be 1" Dia × ~21" tall.
I'm also working on a Estes Conquest, I don't know if it'll be ready or not. I want to work in more armaments. Mwahaha!
And yes I'm bringing my ever popular BOMARC glider.

Last edited:
The forecast a few days ago was high 70's, mid 50's, no precip. This is OK. The weather forecasts change by the hour. Even then its often wrong, unfortunately.

My Estes Conquest is closer to completion w/xtra armaments; 4 Sparrows, 2 Napalm and the drop tank/bombs were modded into Smart bombs (ish). I am hoping to work in a pair of mini guns somehow/where. It WILL fly at HighFrontier even if it's not "fully armed".

C ya there jeff. What time you getting here jeff? Remember those who help set up Friday starting at 10 am will be able to fly 1-5pm. 20k waiver.

Hey guys--

Will be my second year at High Frontier. Had an awesome time last year, deciding to get a little more into rocketry, and also learned about the Bartlesville Youth Astronomy program, which have since joined with our kiddos.

Will be bringing my oldest daughter (turns 12 tomorrow) with her freshly-built Estes Star Orbiter, our first mid-power rocket. Will be there with a friend who's going for his L1 cert.

I'm actually interested in avionics as much as anything, and just built an Eggfinder Mini to start tracking our higher flights in preparation for working towards my L1 cert...

AFTER WE GET A COUPLE OF LOWER FLIGHTS IN WITH THE EGGFINDER, would anyone be willing to let it fly along on a higher flight? Bundled in a chute protector on a shock cord is fine... just figured I'd ask.

Thanks,

Donnie

20180929_112414.jpg Wow, just got home from two days of 2000' ceiling of cloud cover. This is the first time in the 8 yrs I have been going that our altitude was limited due to cloud cover on both days! A couple high power flights found some holes in the cloud cover, but those windows were very short. Dog gone weatherman got this one totally wrong. There was still a lot of low power flights and the night launch was a big hit as usual. I little disappointed but hey, what can you do...LAUNCH some Saucers!

Yeah, i only launched 3 rockets. At least the temperature was mild and the winds low.

It was nice hanging out with you guys! Thanks for answering my endless questions.

Ended up buying a 38mm CTI starter kit as incentive to build a L1 rocket.

This was the first launch where I finally feel like we were there long enough to start getting to know people, and the first one where I recognized people when we pulled up.

As a bonus, Audrey won a heavily-contested Closest to the Buffalo battle today, the most interested in rocketry I've EVER seen her.

Hoping to make it to Rocket Science next month; can't wait to see everyone again!

Back