Tubular Nylon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigone5500

Reaction score
I found some nylon cord at walmart today by the camping supplies and bought it. It was $1.95 or so for 50 feet. The cord comes as a solid type stuff but when you cut the end you can pull the inside part out and it becomes tubular. I think that's cheap enough for 50' of 1/4" TN.

Attached is a scan of the card it was hanging on.

Whait you bought was braided Nylon rope. Tubular Nylon refers to a woven fabric tube.

I've never heard of using Nylon rope in a recovery harness. One thing to keep in mind is that it is very stretchy.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Whait you bought was braided Nylon rope. Tubular Nylon refers to a woven fabric tube.

I've never heard of using Nylon rope in a recovery harness. One thing to keep in mind is that it is very stretchy.

This stuff is a rope. But...if you take the center cord out...you have a woven nylon tube. I will attach a couple pics of the cord. The first is of the inside part that is removed. I use a pencil for reference.

Here is the tube. The pencil fits inside perfectly. This stuff is strong too. I can't break it.

Back