Tubular Kevlar

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoAP

Reaction score
I've tried to search with no real luck. Does anyone know of a source for purchasing Tubular kevlar in bulk? I have the machines to sew my own recovery harnesses but can't really find the materials.

I used to find really good deals on eBay from Bally Mills. Not sure if it was left over government contract material or what but that source seems to have dried up.

Thank you. I was looking for like what Brent was saying. I want to find a manufacture source or surplus house. I have found some in bulk but they tend to not list a spec and their communication is lacking.

I am happy to spend a couple extra bucks and get things from the dealers in the hobby. They bring a lot to the table. I have been in other hobbies where people try to go around dealers all the time and then wonder why the vendors won't support the club with donations of products, and money at the shows and events. We're all in this together !

I am happy to spend a couple extra bucks and get things from the dealers in the hobby. They bring a lot to the table. I have been in other hobbies where people try to go around dealers all the time and then wonder why the vendors won't support the club with donations of products, and money at the shows and events. We're all in this together !
I am happy to as well. But when your talking a 1000 feet, it's no longer a couple bucks.

Dino,,, Ok so ..interesting ... are you looking for 1000 feet of one width or 1000 feet total and a few different widths?

Dino,,, Ok so ..interesting ... are you looking for 1000 feet of one width or 1000 feet total and a few different widths?
It will be a combination of smaller 1/2" all the way up to just shy of 2"

Some for rocketry and some for Experimental aircraft use.

Webbing/rope/braided products are high volume production products and predominantly made in china. I bring up china because you are clearly price sensitive. That being said 1000 feet is not really very much in the scope of things, and when that quantity gets broken up into separate line items because of widths the challenge to get surplus deal is harder. Have you looked at Alibaba for sourcing ? There are mills that will sell 100 meter MOQ. https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_title.7aef688fpW9Dsl

Honestly though by the time you get the right material specified with then and figure in shipping, and wire transfer fees etc.... the better deal just might be working with One Bad Hawk http://onebadhawk.com/14-tubular-kevlar--2-loop.html at $1.30 foot for a finished 1/4" harness is going to hard to beat... for custom lengths.

For of the shelf, I recently got a kevlar shock cord from LOC for a great price : https://locprecision.com/collection...ular-kevlar-shock-cord?variant=39778654322879
that i will use on a 4" rocket. It was $22 for a 20 footer. That got tossed in with my order for a Wolverine (he he he he he)

For my mid-power up to 3" I purchased Kevlar braid in a couple sizes for between 6 cents a foot and 35 cents a foot (2000lbs braid) , and will just tie loops and omit the sewing...(grated that was from a kite company)

+1..

Teddy

Not sure if it was leftover government contract material or what but that source seems to have dried up.

Keep an eye on eBay. It usually does at year-end to save tax money. I bought a little recently. It is GOV Surplus and overstock.

Back