Tube diamaters?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vance in AK

Reaction score
OK guys, where can I go to find a chart that gives me Body tube diamaters in inches & BT designations?(Example. BT-55 = 1.25")
Local hobby shop has no guide.
I have a Missle Comand Army that I lost the nose cone to (gotta love those Estes shock cords) & local hobby shop can't figure out right nose cone size. They can sell me a boxcar or cabbose in any scale though, yessireee.
Anyway, if someone can help on tube size for Missle Comand Army I'd appreciate it, & if I had a chart I could print of all BT sizes & stick in my files that would be great.
Thanks, Vance.

Im not positive ,,but it may need the estes nc-1090
the body tube diameter for that would be 1.09"

If I'm not mistaken that body tube is the same as the old Centuri ST-10.

Balsa Machining Services has nose cone for it too.

sandman

If I am correct this is half of the "Missle Command 2 rocket set" that is listed in the 2003 catalog on page 7. Estes lists the Body Diameter as 1.0", I measured the one that my son has at 1.093" This makes it larger than the BT-50, but smaller than the BT-55. This is probably the reason that your local Hobby Shop cannot find a replacenment nose cone for you. Try calling Ested directly and see what they can do for you. Also, if you happen to have the "Stars and Stripes", "Super Shot", "Military Super Shots", "Bandit", or "Flash" the catalog lists the same body diameter that is called out for the "Missle Command Army" rocket, and they all look like they have the same nose cone.
Good Luck.

Goose

Thanks for the info guys, as usual you always come through.
And you are all correct. Tha ID of the tube is 1.09ish. Kinda hard to be exact on a used tube.
And I have tried the 50 & 55 body tube sizes with no success so the hobby shop guy shrugs his shoulders & says "huh". Oh well, I guess thats what mail order is for.
I will try Estes directly & then BMS. Meantime, go Navy!
Also putting the finishing touches on My Big Bertha, so it'll be ready next week, & my Mosquito could come down any time(it's been up for almost 3 months now) so I guess I can find something to fly.

Secret Squirrel, thanks for the chart, exactly what I was looking for. It is copied & in my file cabinet.
Vance.

Vance,

You keep your chart in a file cabinet???:confused: You MUST be new at this!

I keep mine under my keyboard for instant information access...along with my Totally Tubular price sheet (it has dimensions on it too) and my Balsa Machining Services nose cone chart, my calipers, a scientific calculator and a metric conversion chart.:D

This might explain the typing problem I seem to have...keyboard is way too high!

Do you guys really think I have all this information in my head???

sandman

Back