Trying to make homemade fuel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magin

Reaction score
hi folks! We are building our own hpr for the contest. We must record our recovery system. We thought that if we can launch our rocket above 50 meter(less or more) we could get high points. First we should make our fuel. There are few choices for us to make . Do you guys know any fuel that we can do at home?

Hello, Magin. In the USA, we fly commercially made motors sold by companies like Aerotech, Cesaroni, and Loki Research. Any kind of homemade motor is considered experimental, and is controlled by US laws. There is a forum here on TRF for the discussion of making homemade motors; however, there is a requirement to be a US citizen and certifed with one of the national rocketry associations.

No discussion of rocket fuel composition is allowed outside that specially designated forum. Sorry to disappoint.

Hello, Magin. In the USA, we fly commercially made motors sold by companies like Aerotech, Cesaroni, and Loki Research. Any kind of homemade motor is considered experimental, and is controlled by US laws. There is a forum here on TRF for the discussion of making homemade motors; however, there is a requirement to be a US citizen and certifed with one of the national rocketry associations.

No discussion of rocket fuel composition is allowed outside that specially designated forum. Sorry to disappoint.
got ya sorry :)

Magin,
There’s always water rocketry:
https://www.nasa.gov/stem-ed-resources/water-rocket-construction.html

Some people are just genius at it:
https://www.aircommandrockets.com

I don’t know where you are (Tapatalk shows limited information) but a local Tripoli Prefecture is always a good place to start with amateur rocketry and Tripoli rules allow L2 certified members to fly rockets using self made rocket propellant as long as it’s permissible by local regulations.
Www.tripoli.org/Prefectures

Edit: I needed to correct my statement on participation. Thanks for keeping me honest, Jeff! [emoji851]

Last edited:
Back