Trying to contact BSD Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigT

Reaction score
I have been trying to contact BSD to confirm an online order made a couple of weeks ago. So far multiple emails and phone messages have not been returned. Does anyone have knowledge as to the current status of BSD?

I e-mailed BSD rocketry yesterday, 3/8, and got four prompt replies about my 38 Special that I was ordering. He said it would be shipped end of this week. I will tell you if I have any problems.

Edward

Mark Saunders at BSD is normally very prompt 99% of the time in responding to emails within 24 hours--I've even gotten several responses from him within 30 minutes of sending my message!

When I last exchanged emails with him about 3 weeks ago, BSD was in the middle of transitioning to a new, larger shop. Apparently business has been VERY good for them lately & they've been experiencing some growth issues.

I'd suggest trying to contact Mark one more time. Make sure you've got the right email address: [email protected]

I've built 2 of their kits: 4" Thor & Apache. I know that there are others that can vouch for other BSD kits as well. They're worth any wait you might experience ;)

Like most vendors BSD is "not my only job" for Mark Saunders. I know they have had some growing pains (which is good), but I have never had problems with him responding to emails/phone calls. He is a good guy with very good products IMO.

Over the past 3 weeks I have sent multiple emails, left multiple phone messages all with no reply. The answering machine/service is no longer operating. I hope I havent lost my money on this one. I paid via Paypal and I hear it's tough to get a refund from them.

Hi Big T,

I'm sure that you will have no problems getting your order or a refund from BSD. We are their UK dealers, and have been so for several years now, and I can vouch for the fact that they are a pleasure to deal with.

I do know that they have had some problems with email going astray in the past, and ended up having to change their accounts or something similar...but I'm sure that Mark will soon have you sorted out.

All the best from the UK,

Andy
Deepsky Rocket Supplies
www.deepskyrocketshop.co.uk

Thanks all for the posts. I really did not intend to cast doubt on BSD. When the answering machine stopped working, I started getting concerned about my payment. I have seen too many BSD rockets fly and talked to many satisfied customers so I am confident the order will arrive sooner or later. I should have called a dealer in the first place. Works out better for everyone concerned.

I ordered a 38 Special from BSD on the 8th of March. I got an e-mail stating that they were having an emergency the 14th -ish. I thought, okay - reasonable. He said he would have the kit out the next week after the 14th. I still have not gotten it - and have not gotten a reply through e-mail or phone - I left a message.

The annoying part is that I moved on the 11th of April - I was well expecting to have my kit by that time as not to have to deal with the address change. Now I don't know.

I wanted my kit for the 6th of April launch, when I didn't get it I thought I would get it for our three day launch this weekend...doesn't look like that either....

Anyone tell me what's up with BSD?

Edward

Back