Truax M.A.G.P.I.E.s

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Last year, I built a couple of Eric Truax's M.A.G.P.I.E. paper rockets designed for the National Sport Launch. The build thread can be found in the TRF archive here: https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=46736

Since then, they have pretty much been languishing in a box until Friday when I got them out for a demo at my church's Vacation Bible School. I wanted to use 2 identical rockets that would not go too high and with differing impulses.

The Blue Maggie was first up with a 1/4A3-3. It was the first flight of the day for some excited kids and everyone, me included, was surprised at how fast it shot up under a 1/4A. It landed a few feet away in the parking lot.

Blu-mag-f1a.jpg

Blu-mag-f1b.jpg

I wanted to contrast the 1/4A used in the Blue Maggie with a 1/2A used in the Black Maggie so I loaded up a 1/2A3-4. The kids were even more impressed and then gasped when they learned that their rockets would fly with a full A!

Blk-Mag-F1a.jpg

Blk-Mag-F1b.jpg

Blk-Mag-F1c.jpg

Back