Truax inspired Micro Christmas Bell

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a printed Cardstock sheet laying around from Eric & Val Truax since Last year. Trying to catch up on the back log I built their Holiday Bell and thought now that's just gotta be an addition to the Micro Christmas Odd-Roc series. so I down scaled it hopefully for flying at this weekends Christmas Odd Roc Narhams launch.
Sorry I didn't think to do a build thread, it went together just like the 18mm Truax larger model, and it's just a joy to roll...LOL! I mean HO ho HO!

Here's what I'm planning on flying for Christmas.

MM 371p02_Micro & 482 18mm Christmas Bells complete_11-28-10.JPG

MM 267a-sm_CandleStick & Holder OddRoc_11-24-02.jpg

MM 242a-sm_Snowman 7mm_12-15-00.jpg

MM 256a1_Icicle Oddroc_01-01-00.jpg

Attachments

• MM 266a-sm_5,25in Christmas Tree_11-24-02.jpg
    MM 266a-sm_5,25in Christmas Tree_11-24-02.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 36
My question is: do you store these rockets on your Christmas Tree when you aren't flying them? ;)

My question is: do you store these rockets on your Christmas Tree when you aren't flying them? ;)

Unfortunately no:
We have a very small Townhouse, since it's just the better 2/3rds, me and the cat currently we only put up a 3' christmas tree these days. We do have several of the christmas theme models sitting out in the living room on shelves tho LOL!!

MM 266c_& MM 267 ChristmasTheme-OddRocs_12-13-02.jpg

What a GREAT but BRISK flying day we had Saturday!
Temp topped out at 36.7°f but with very light winds 0-7mph all day it was almost Micro Weather. the very thin snow pack on the ground did make for some kinda hard landings for some of the larger models flow but with the exception of a no-deploy from my Crystal Icicle that snapped the Cicle's plastic nose we had a Great flying day.

I was Quite impressed with the flight and recovery of the Truax Holiday Bell on C6-3s and my Micro Christmas bell on MMX-ll's. Very Very nice high, straight as an arrow drag fin flights while the bells looked like they were ringing on the way down under Streamer recovery. Too KEWL! I did catch a couple lift offs but have not had a change to get them out of the camera yet I'll make an effort to do so real soon.

Flew them all and only broke one shock cord on a 12th flight and the Icicle no deploy were I jambed the streamer to with cold fingers...my bad. Pics to follow soon.

Edit: Add some of the flight day Pictures. A fun and Very nippy day!

Christmas Odd-Rocs-b2_ 5 models & weather_12-18-10.JPG

MM 242Lp12b_Snowman Closeup_12-18-10.JPG

MM 242Lp12d_Snowman Mid flight_12-18-10.JPG

MM 256Lp08a_Crystal Icicle on pad_12-18-10.JPG

MM 256Lp08c_Icicle mid flight_12-18-10.JPG

Last edited:
Great looking rockets JOhn :)
Cheers
fred

Thanks Fred;
With the exception of the Bells these are all pretty old now, I think i'm gonna have to retire the Christmas Tree and build another if I can't figure out whats binding it up on the launch rod:(
Did fix the broken Icicle body... a little Methylene chloride and it's good as new...well mostly.
Frosty's broken shockcord has been replaced with a new length of 90lb kevlar so he should be good for another dozen or so flights. Wow he'll really be old by that time...

Back