Tru-Core Revamp!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrarick

Wildman CT
Reaction score
So, since i'm sliding into retirement from my day job, it's time to revamp tru-core from top to bottom

Starting today I have a new supplier who's product uses dyes not pigments, so smoother caps for you!

BUT

There' a good news- bad news part of it.

It' not compatible, what-so-ever with the old stuff. Therefore I have to do all new molds, bad for me but good for you :>

HOWEVER, this leads to a bit of delay. I've got all but 98 and uninhibited molds done, and have been working to get them all done.

please be patient, but the wait will be worth it!

Down the road I'm going to start pre-making common orders so (hopefully) by mid summer they will ship the next day.

Rick

just went to your website to see what it offered, and that looks very exciting for what I want to do in the future, thanks for all the work.

I bet that won't take a lot of time to stop by a couple local machine shops and at least make an initial conversation to see who's interested.

Without having a specific order quantity and length of employment (x number of parts per year) most shops that we want working for us, wont.

that's the kicker. Plus not many machinists want to play with graphite

I appreciate your honesty and transparency in letting us know that it will lead to a delay in the production of new molds. Your efforts to get all but 98 and uninhibited molds done are greatly appreciated, and I'm sure that the wait will be worth it.

I believe it was all sold piecemeal. He had a several lathes and a bridgeport if my memory serves.

Thanks, I really liked his motor casings, but the good news is there are still a few sources around.

I really appreciate you for keeping the other products alive.

got the first 98 mold finished. It takes 48 hours a mold, so hopefully by next weekend I'll be up to full song for making 98's all while making more molds

Well they are cheap like the Trucore were. If you do bulk orders it might turn out a lot cheaper. Here in Europe when we were buying from Trucore we were trying to group orders between us. You can also ask for custom nozzles which will not cost to much to ship. I have about 20 of them now and the work great, I have used them with sugar propellant and lately with my AP/Silicone propellant

So, since i'm sliding into retirement from my day job, it's time to revamp tru-core from top to bottom

Starting today I have a new supplier who's product uses dyes not pigments, so smoother caps for you!

BUT

There' a good news- bad news part of it.

It' not compatible, what-so-ever with the old stuff. Therefore I have to do all new molds, bad for me but good for you :>

HOWEVER, this leads to a bit of delay. I've got all but 98 and uninhibited molds done, and have been working to get them all done.

please be patient, but the wait will be worth it!

Down the road I'm going to start pre-making common orders so (hopefully) by mid summer they will ship the next day.

Rick
Rick,
What’s the link to the website?

When I click on the Dr. Cluster link it's dead......any update?
My friend Philippe has retired, however if you need some hardware send me a PM and I will send you his email

Back