Tripoli Wisconsin- July 8

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djs

Reaction score
Anyone flying?

Thinking of:

darkstar on J-something pitch black sparky ex motor
interceptor 54 on G red sparky (which is not so red, but definitely sparky)
vindicator jr on an I something alumaflame motor (motor yet to be made)
Loc Starburst on 2xD12-5 motors.. Starburst is currently still in the package, so apparently I have stuff to do this weekend to turn it into a functional rocket.

But of course! Nice list there sir! I'll be watching for the alumaflame; attention granted!

Not entirely settled on what's flying yet; and space will be a premium in the vehicle this time, but probably something like:

-Loc Bruised: Cluster of a KBA K700 Fast and two Kosdon J280 Slows all lit on the ground.
-Something 5.5" (Hot Topic, Magnum, No Thunder): Sconnie K530 White
-Thoy Falcon: SynerJet I166
-Loc Vulcanite H76: Vulcan H76!

Looking forward to it!

Finally can make a launch!

7.5in Big Red....EX 75/7600 M2100 sparky

Intimidator 5....EX 75/3500 L950 redneck

RW All American....EX 54/1400 K750 blue

RW Broken Arrow 4in....AMW K570WW

See ya there!

Preston

I hope to be there. Plan on flying my Drago 4XL for the second time. I need more practice using the RTx/GPS. This flight will be on a K750.

Still rebuilding my Aerotech Mirage, hope to be there on the 8th. Missed seeing the Wildman last time - hope he'll be there. :cool:

Still rebuilding my Aerotech Mirage, hope to be there on the 8th. Missed seeing the Wildman last time - hope he'll be there. :cool:

If you REALLY want to get a rise out of him, march on into his trailer and, start snapping your fingers asking if he STILL has one of those CTI O-3400's available to sell at the "Super Secret Club Discount Pricing"! (He'll have at least one...)
Tell him your working on a *Special Project* for Midwest Power and, too not forget about you when the time comes...;)

Then march right on out of there and, smoke the sky with a blistering Jr. L-1 successful flight! :wave:

If- and, i hope you do...attempt your L-1 there. I hope that it is successful and, that it will free up some time at NARAM 59 so that Uncle Gusser can start honing the finer points of the craft with you with his ugly purple rocket he will be bringing.

Someday (about four years from now) i would love to unselfishly be your TAP when you L-1, L-2 and, L-3 (maybe on the same day)...because you can be ready with MANY dual deployment flights in your past to justify so. See you at Musky Mischy July 30th...:eek:

will no longer be their TAP on their L-3 attempt due to *their* lack of interest and, motivation.

Urrk- this reminds me, I need to discuss with my L3CC guy that I'm still interested in doing my L3 at MWP. Currently though, the rocket is still a pile of pieces and a dream :)

Thinking about being there. Nothing special going up... All depends on weather between now and then of painting gets done. Otherwise probably just some sport stuff

Urrk- this reminds me, I need to discuss with my L3CC guy that I'm still interested in doing my L3 at MWP. Currently though, the rocket is still a pile of pieces and a dream :)

Dj, you'll get it done. Some people though- You can light a fire under their assets and, they don't have the desire to burn...

My services are available no matter which way you chose to Cert. :eek:

In the opposite direction from 'H', I'm searching for some A10-0T. So if anyone has some they are willing to part with, bring them along.

Charles- you could "unplug" those motors and fly them as "EX" motors...

Note- this may be a really dumb idea :)

-0 for staging. They used to be common, but the usual [local] sources have dried up. I'm trying to avoid shipping charges.

Charles- you could "unplug" those motors and fly them as "EX" motors...

Note- this may be a really dumb idea :)

Likely less dumb than my nitrous and whiskey propellant idea. Which turns out to have been done already. Isp 250-260. No better than APCP.

I'm stopping by Hobby Town tomorrow... will let you know if they have any.

No luck on the alumaflame motor. Not enough AP400 to do the mix. However, I'm trying out that pourable red instead to see if it works. Will fly it on a 2 grain 38 case if it comes out.

This is the monster staged cluster I need the A10-0Ts for. And if some soul is brave enough to fly it EX for me, and the RSO approves, it will have a B4-7 in the sustainer.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1498954885.016327.jpg

3" punisher on an I or J something
Minnie Magg on an I something
Looking like I'll have my Bruiser revision 3 ready to go by then also - fingers crossed for some good painting weather before then... If not, it will be 1/2 red and 1/2 raw cardboard!

Hi All,

assuming the weather is ok, I am planning to bring my family out with me. It will be my daughters 6th birthday that day, and her first launch. First priority is to get her Alpha up a couple of times. Secondly, Kevin Harnack is planning on flying his 6" diameter on a M1850 with a friends ashes in it. I will be helping him with that as that is important. If I have time beyond that I might toss up my Wildman Junior on a CTI I.

Mark- i hope your daughter has a happy birthday! Weather forecast looks pretty nice for sat!

Mark- i hope your daughter has a happy birthday! Weather forecast looks pretty nice for sat!

Thank you! Hopefully she thinks it is cool. My 14 year old son is not really interested- as he put it " I appreciate the work that goes into it, but it is just not my thing".

Back