Tripoli Vegas Springfest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I could make it! No better place than Jean Dry Lake bed.

Sure wished I could come. But I retire in 6 months, so maybe next year. Be nice to stop dealing with trees.

It rained quite a bit this week. Fingers crossed for a dry lakebed next month!

I saw that the 15 was closed around Jean for a few hours Sunday night/Monday morning due to snow!

Mike (saving all my recyclables to cash in and spend on raffle tickets)

I saw that the 15 was closed around Jean for a few hours Sunday night/Monday morning due to snow!
Crazy, right!? There more forecast for later this week too. As long as it stops soon, the lakebed should be great by SpringFest. <fingers crossed>

Is the lakebed OK? We're in yet another rainy cycle on the west coast this week, though it looks like low intensity for the next few days. I've always enjoyed flying on Jean Dry Lake, great site and super chill crew.

Possible rain on Monday before the launch but clear after that according to forecast. If it does it will be dry by then.

I hope it dries out. I would like to come up either Friday or Sunday. (I have a previous commitment on Saturday.)

Our lakebed at Lucerne has an inconvenient lake in it...

Extended forecast looks really promising. Just worried we won't be able to get thru avalanche alley on I-70.

Some shots from Saturday. Thanks to everyone for hanging out and getting in some great flying!

(It only allows 10 photos per post, so I'll break this up.
IMG_9598_crop.jpg IMG_9611_crop.jpg IMG_9620_crop.jpg IMG_9637_crop.jpg IMG_9652_crop.jpg IMG_9673_crop.jpg IMG_9687_crop.jpg IMG_9689_crop.jpg IMG_9710_crop.jpg IMG_9795_crop.jpg

Shots from Sunday...
IMG_9925_crop.jpgIMG_9968_crop.jpgIMG_0016_crop.jpgIMG_0087_crop.jpgIMG_0096_crop.jpgIMG_0118_crop.jpg

Here's a shot from my Broken Arrow 54's maiden flight:
IMG_0406_crop.jpgIMG_0476_crop.jpgIMG_0480_crop.jpgIMG_0538_crop.jpg

Last edited:
...and the rest from Sunday.

Here's another shot from my Broken Arrow 54's maiden flight:

IMG_0409_crop.jpg
And my twins rockin' someone's speeder!IMG_0610_crop.jpgIMG_0667_crop.jpgIMG_0683_crop.jpgIMG_0707_crop.jpgIMG_0728_crop.jpg

Returned to Jean Dry Lake Bed to launch during Tripoli Las Vegas's Springfest, St. Patrick Day weekend March, 2019. Planned to launch Friday and Saturday 5 rockets. While bright, clear, and sunny Friday was blown out.

l1.jpg l3.jpg l5.jpg

Snow on near by mountains and Seven Magic Mountains art installation.

l2.jpg l4.jpg

Saturday was calm in the morning and I managed to get 4 flight out before wind pickup too much.

r1.jpg r2.jpg

Had my new Madcow Trinity kit out for its first flight a central 54 mm and 3 29mm motors for air start. Worked great on J800T air starting three G64Ws.
r3.jpg

Fun, fun, fun.... loved going into town at night.

Video of my flights:

Back