Tripoli Vegas Octoberfest 14,15,16.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR883

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Good news for anyone going. I heard standing waiver is 7,000msl-4,700agl. Now with call ins for 19,999msl-17,200agl.

Last edited:
This is correct! That is our new agreement with the faa and tower. We can call in as we need throughout the day. Hope to see some of you there. Spread the word about our new altitudes. Same for club launches.

Might be worth a call to Balsa Machining to see if they are planning to attend.

Kenny

What vendors (aside from the aforementioned Balsa Machining Service) typically attend Tripoli Vegas launches?

Have seen MotoJoe in the past

How you doing Coyote ?

Kenny

Joe has mentioned Vegas Oktoberfest in the latest Northern Colorado Rocketry email........NCR's own launch is a "no go" due to fire concerns, and so it's likely that lots of folks (including Joe) might have an interest in going to Jean Lake.

I'd love to go....... but I don't have any rockets! (or motors/hardware/chutes/avionics/trackers/etc.).

ssix

Joe has mentioned Vegas Oktoberfest in the latest Northern Colorado Rocketry email........NCR's own launch is a "no go" due to fire concerns, and so it's likely that lots of folks (including Joe) might have an interest in going to Jean Lake.

I'd love to go....... but I don't have any rockets! (or motors/hardware/chutes/avionics/trackers/etc.).

ssix

Gee, Dave-a bunch of us here know how to fix that.......

Good news is that we have a VERY awesome raffle brewing to help! Lots of items!

Aerotech
Wildman
Madcow
Eggtimer
Onebadhawk
And more...

MotoJoe will be there.
Balsa Machine will be there.

To clarify, my partners (Ed Dawson and Jon Skuba) in the Moto Joe Inc adventure will be there for Oktoberfest but alas, I have prior commitments with the Boulder Flatirons Rotary Club.

Pysched for this. My son and I will be out Sat AM and will camp out through Sun. See ya'll out there. Derek

Kept checking weather underground and it never said less than 20mph gusts. Bummer.

Back