Tripoli South Carolina Launch Feb 12-13

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Tripoli South Carolina will be holding their monthly launch Feb 12-13. I haven't heard of any "Big" projects flying, but it still should be a great time........

Have fun :D I've already promised to go to the 2 Dozen Deuces launch in Alabama that weekend.

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
Have fun :D I've already promised to go to the 2 Dozen Deuces launch in Alabama that weekend.

Ok, we'll allow you to go to Alabama..... Just leave the 54mm Duece behind!!!!!!:D

I'm hoping that i'll be down in FLA working that weekend but if not i'll be at the launch, assuming the weather is ok. i should be reay to do a test flight of my L2 on an H by then.

Won't be going to FLA til next week and as of right now the weather forcast looks PERFECT! gotta call Ken tomorrow and order some motors!
my 38mm saucer is ready to fly and i might have my stovi done in time.

The weather looks pretty good for saturday, but I might rain some on sunday.

Not even considering the weather, I will not be able to go both days. I have lots of school work I need to do. I will make it saturday and might even try to launch my "mile high" rocket.

weather is looking good. a little breezy. as of right now i'm planning on saturday.
Randy, bring your deuce, maybe we can finaly do that drag race. :D

btw- do you have a 38/120 case i could borrow?

Originally posted by Adam Selene
weather is looking good. a little breezy. as of right now i'm planning on saturday.
Randy, bring your deuce, maybe we can finaly do that drag race. :D

btw- do you have a 38/120 case i could borrow?

Yea, I'll bring my deuce.........

Nope on the 38/120 case...............

Great! see you there.
my stovi is done and the last little bit of epoxy is drying on the minnie magg right now. :D

Well saturday was a pretty good launch. The wind was a bit more than we had hoped for, but we still put up a bunch of rockets. We even had a good number of HPR flights including a L2 attempt. I hope the rain holds out until late this afternoon for the sunday crew.

I got a few pictures..... This first one is my Bullpup launching on a I161-W with a short delay...... Nice boost, but talk about a "short" delay!!! It REAL short.... The ejection ripped 9 out of the 12 shroud lines on my chute (so I really had a streamer instead of a chute) and almost pulled out my whole "adjustable" nose weight system. The rocket came in real fast and took a hard hit, but with almost no damage.

Here is Tom and Kay's EZI flying on a J295. Nice motor, I may have to find me one of those!!!!!

Here is Tom (another Tom) and Danny posing next to Tom's "Mummie's for Rockets" rocket. Nice paint job!!!!!

Here is a pic of a "Hellfire". It belongs a little boy (my guess 11-12). He and his father have been coming out to fly with us for 2 or 3 months now. They bring out a bunch of LPR stuff (mostly military style) that are really well built. I hope they continue to join us. (I do need to spent more time talking to them, I only know the father's name is Bobby :eek: )

Here's Jack's L2 attempt...... Now boost and then like several other rockets, it had a VERY short delay. The high speed ejection caused a separation, failing his Cert attempt........

And finally a pic of a Deuce's Wild drag race. (well the beginning of a drag race). Me and Chuck (aka Adam Selene) have been planning this drag race for about a year now......

I missed the actual "launch" picture, but I here to tell you.... I left him standing at the starting line :D (sorry chuck, I had to say that :D) No really, I don't know what happened but he had a bad connection or something. Chuck we'll have to try it again at the 3rd annual TRF launch.......

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
And finally a pic of a Deuce's Wild drag race. (well the beginning of a drag race). Me and Chuck (aka Adam Selene) have been planning this drag race for about a year now......

I missed the actual "launch" picture, but I here to tell you.... I left him standing at the starting line :D (sorry chuck, I had to say that :D) No really, I don't know what happened but he had a bad connection or something. Chuck we'll have to try it again at the 3rd annual TRF launch.......

I still don't know what happened there, both ignitors are unburned and unshorted. :confused:
i'll be ready in april!

but i did get a pic of the launch, well Randy's launch. :D

Back