Tripoli South Carolina Launch Dec 11-12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
O-burg is ready to light-up the launch pads!!!!!

The current weather forecast is calling for "Mostly Sunny" to Clear skies, temperature in the upper 50s.

Although there's no wind forecast yet, a fairly strong cold front is forecast to come through Friday. Expect Saturday to be windy, Sunday perfect.

Of course, if the timing changes...

Today's launch weather was cloudly to partly cloudly with some wind, kind of heavy at times. The crowd wasn't bad, but not as much as we have seen lately.

Early on, the number of flights were low but it picked up mid-afternoon. I "missed" more launches than I caught on film....

Here is pic if one our TARC teams launch. I didn't hear what motors were used, but I think they were 24mm motors

We had on Cert flight today. Here's is Russell right before his L2 Cert Flight. This an LOC Expeditor with a J350 ready to go.....

Did he make it? Were there any motor vendors there and will they be there tommorow? O yeah great photos

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Did he make it? Were there any motor vendors there and will they be there tommorow? O yeah great photos

First question. Actually I don't know. The rocket drifted a good ways and I left before he recovered it. One guy there said he saw the nosecone separate.

Second question. Yes we had a vendor there for a short while and I do believe he will be back on Sunday.......

The weather was much better today. In the morning there was almost no wind, bright sunny skies.......

First an update..... Russell who tried a L2 flight late Saturday did not make it, the nosecone separated...... BUT he came back today and made it!!!! Congrats to a new L2..... Break out the credit card dude!!!!

First pic I have is Mark's Bruiser loaded with a K550 and (2) J350s ready to go..... (no launch pic, I just got smoke)

Next is Ed's V-2 loaded with a I600...... Let me tell you what, that is a very quick motor!!!!!

Tom, aka Rocketjunkie, launched his 54mm Deuce's Wild on (2) J420s!!!!!! It was a great flight. If Jim had seen this one, he would have tears in his eyes.......

Here's what I got........

Here's a LPR flight.... Didn't hear what kind of rocket or motor....... Just a good pic......

My Computer teacher came out and brought his 10 year old son Brent...... Here is a shot of the LPR rack ready to go.... The Patriot on the left is Brent's....... The Deuce on the right is mine..........

Looks like a great time over there in South Carolina, Randy! (Sigh) I wish our field was available in the winter - it would be very nice to see (and hear) some HPR birds taking to the air :p

Oh well, it just builds the anticipation until spring...

BTW, I would have loved to see that J-powered Deuce! :D

this was the first launch I'd been to since August. I videotaped many of the launches and will post pictures to the Tripoli SC web site. I'll post a notice here when I do.
Great launch today, all the rockets stayed on the field today. Can't say that about yesterday.

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
Tom, aka Rocketjunkie, launched his 54mm Deuce's Wild on (2) J420s!!!!!! It was a great flight. If Jim had seen this one, he would have tears in his eyes.......

Here's what I got........

Dude! I've seen a couple of shots of Tom's 54mm Deuce going up. simply incredible!

He was even nice enough to send me *this* pix of his Tres going up!

I would *love* to see both of these fly live! :)

absolute insanity. i want to make a 29mm deuce. lol, i had no idea that a 54mm deuce existed....anyone working on a 75 or 98mm? a deuce on 2 N's would be sweet.

I have heard of both being constructed. can't wait :D

What I would love to do it arrange to meet at one of the national launches and launch, in short order, the 6mm, 13mm, 18mm, 24mm, 29mm, 38mm, 54mm, 75mm & 98mm

man! LOL

Carl Tulanko and I have already done this up to 38mm, at NSL 2003

jim

do you know of any place where i can find plans for the 29mm deuce upscale? im having time issues, and i'd rather use someone elses measurements since i still have to build 2 lvl 1 birds, an onyx, a dual deploy and a 2 stage HPR by next season.

Back