Tripoli Level 2 Cert Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LANZA COLINA

Reaction score
I am building my level 2 project currently and have heard that Tripoli will be updating their questions for the written test. I hope to certify in April at our local club launch, does anyone know when Tripoli will be updating the questions for the test?

I hadn't heard that. I would like an answer to that as well. I am planning to make an attempt in April too. I would hate to think I've been studying the wrong material.

The new test and study guide is not on the Tripoli website yet. It has gone to the printers; proof copies have been returned for review.
I sincerely hope it will be released before April.
That file that had the name update, was named that because the first file released in 2012 had an error. The update corrected that. That’s something we hope to avoid with this new version.
However, if you study the questions in the old study guide you are still studying most of the same questions. This update replaces a small quantity of questions with more current questions and answers, clarified or even corrects a very small number of questions, and substantially revises the study guide.

Last edited:
I am building my level 2 project currently and have heard that Tripoli will be updating their questions for the written test. I hope to certify in April at our local club launch, does anyone know when Tripoli will be updating the questions for the test?
It sounds to me that studying to you may mean memorizing the answers to the questions, which of course would be a problem if they change wording. If you study the reference materials on the website and understand that, it won't matter how the questions are worded.

It sounds to me that studying to you may mean memorizing the answers to the questions, which of course would be a problem if they change wording. If you study the reference materials on the website and understand that, it won't matter how the questions are worded.
Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Tripoli posts the questions and answers for a reason. It's a helpful tool for everyone to learn about rocketry. Period.

@Steve Shannon Thanks for the clear up.

Just to let you guys know... the image is the little extra paper I got in my Handbook package and it arrived in January of this year. I hope I didn't mislead anyone, I was just going on the information sent to me from Tripoli

KoffeeIMG_0669.JPEG

@Steve Shannon Thanks for the clear up.

Just to let you guys know... the image is the little extra paper I got in my Handbook package and it arrived in January of this year. I hope I didn't mislead anyone, I was just going on the information sent to me from Tripoli

KoffeeView attachment 452303
Everything Deb says on that note is exactly right.

Not memorizing at all, just want to study the most up to date information.

Just FYI, I took my Level 2 exam in January and the prefect said it was the new answer sheet he was using to grade it, and using the above study guide I aced it.

Just FYI, I took my Level 2 exam in January and the prefect said it was the new answer sheet he was using to grade it, and using the above study guide I aced it.
That’s from 2012. I can absolutely, positively, guarantee that the new test was not released yet in January 😁. Congratulations on passing it and best wishes for your flight.

Last edited:
That's odd, since the answer sheet the prefect had didn't fit the grading "screen", but the one I printed off the net did, so we used mine. Not sure what is going on there, then. I mistakenly assumed it was for the revised test. Maybe some confusion with the NAR Level 2 test, which did change last November?

That's odd, since the answer sheet the prefect had didn't fit the grading "screen", but the one I printed off the net did, so we used mine. Not sure what is going on there, then. I mistakenly assumed it was for the revised test. Maybe some confusion with the NAR Level 2 test, which did change last November?
That’s the blank bubble sheet, scaled to fit the transparency correctly. It has nothing to do with the contents of the study guide or test questions.

Not memorizing at all, just want to study the most up to date information.
I can certainly understand you wanting the latest information, if you did want to memorize the answers, thats your business not mine. The point of my response is understanding the material makes it easier to answer to answer a question regardless of how its worded. I guess SLUGGO has nothing better to do then start trouble, I think he's an idiot. Best of luck to you on the test.

Received an updated study guide from TRA on 4/10. Note included with the guide stated the prefect will have the old and new tests and we can select which version of the test (old/new) we would like to take up until the end of the calendar year. I'll be trying to get my L2 cert this Saturday 4/17 weather permitting at our local club launch. Thanks Tripoli for the updated study guide and the grace period since I have been studying the old materials for several months now. In any case, the updated guide gives more useful information and will help me learn more about rocketry including links to great articles which I would not have thought to search for.

So did I, along with an explanation that there is a time period where you can opt for the test for either the old or the new version, so no worries.

Honestly, I think Tripoli WANTS you to memorize the question pool, so you know this stuff instead of maybe just cramming for the test and forgetting it when it matters. The Ham exams work the same way.

Back