Tripoli Ft Myers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jozef

Reaction score
Is Tripoli Ft Myers still alive? The last pics on there web site are from 2013. I am looking for an HPR launch site as close to the Florida Keys as I can get.

Yes they are. I have recently contacted one of the club officers. They launch on 1st Saturday. I think you can get hit email from the site otherwise I'll pm you when I get home.

Yes they are. I have recently contacted one of the club officers. They launch on 1st Saturday. I think you can get hit email from the site otherwise I'll pm you when I get home.

Thank you...

Hi Tim.

Are you sure they still launch? I see the updated launch day, but the website looks static.

Let me know - thank you

Any update ?

The last thing I heard was that Harold Sasloe stepped down as Prefect. After that, they seem to have vanished.

Dave F.

Really? Did you look at the Tripoli site? For the most recent list of Prefectures, the Tripoli website is the only official site. The current Prefect of Tripoli Fort Myers is listed there.
https://www.tripoli.org/Prefectures

Also, here’s their website: https://tripolifortmyers.weebly.com

Dave,
I wish you wouldn’t make unsubstantiated statements.
Steve

Last edited:
Any update ?

The last thing I heard was that Harold Sasloe stepped down as Prefect. After that, they seem to have vanished.

Dave F.
Dave, they fly 1st Saturday every month. Very small club. Don Mazza is prefect. They only update their homepage and that is only for launch status. If you email Don from his contact link, he may know the gentleman I am referring to in other thread.

Really? Did you look at the Tripoli site? For the most recent list of Prefectures, the Tripoli website is the only official site. The current Prefect of Tripoli Fort Myers is listed there.
https://www.tripoli.org/Prefectures

Also, here’s their website: https://tripolifortmyers.weebly.com

Dave,
I wish you wouldn’t make unsubstantiated statements.
Steve

Steve,

(1) Well, here is the page on the Tripoli site I searched : https://www.tripoli.org/Prefectures

(2) When clicking on the Prefecture List, only an email contact is provided, not a link to their website : https://www.tripoli.org/Portals/1/Documents/Prefectures/Prefectures by ID 2019.pdf

(3) When clicking on the email link, one is referred to Steven Sanders, yet, when clicking on the Googlemap locator and selecting "contact" no person is specified.

That information is very inconsistent and no link to the Prefecture exists anywhere on the Tripoli website, that I could find, and a search of the Tripoli website for BOTH "Tripoli Ft. Myers" and "Tripoli Fort Myers" yields "zero results".

Don't you think it would be nice for Tripoli to have a page with links to the websites of all of its Prefectures, just in case someone might be looking for one ?

As for my "unsubstantiated" comments, Harold Sasloe did step down and little information was available, thereafter, through the contact channels I had at my disposal . . . Sounds "substantiated" to me !

Dave F.

BTW - It appears that their website has not been updated, since 2013 !
Dave F.
Launch status updated monthly.

(3) When clicking on the email link, one is referred to Steven Sanders, yet, when clicking on the Googlemap locator and selecting "contact" no person is specified.
When I click this link, it brings up Don Mazzarella. Steve Sanders is OK prefect.

Here’s what I see:
IMG_1197.png
And
IMG_1198.png

And I absolutely agree with you that it would be nice to have all the websites linked.

When I look at the site I posted I see that there’s a launch November 30, 2019. It shows up right in the middle of the page.

The unsubstantiated statement you made was to declare that the prefecture was basically dead without any real knowledge.

The unsubstantiated statement you made was to declare that the prefecture was basically dead without any real knowledge.

Steve,

My knowledge was "real", but "out-dated" . . .

At any rate, Tripoli Ft. Myers is still around and only updates Launch Dates on their website . . . The rest appears to consist of out-dated 2013, or earlier, information.

Dave F.

I launch with them almost every month. Don is the prefect and he'll be glad to help you. The field is wide open but a lot of high grass and brush, bring a tracker. I'll see you there, the December launch has been rescheduled for 11/30.

Last edited:
I'm going to be down in South West Florida for Thanksgiving week and I was checking to see if any clubs in the area had launches scheduled when this thread popped up. If I can pull it off with the family commitments I'll be there on the 30th.

Is Tripoli Ft Myers still alive? The last pics on there web site are from 2013. I am looking for an HPR launch site as close to the Florida Keys as I can get.
Joe, there's a Level 1 launch site in West Palm Beach, a bit closer to the Keys. But the Ft. Myers site is the nearest to the Keys where you can launch the really big boys. There are also launches in Homestead and Broward where you can launch A-G motors.

I'm going to be down in South West Florida for Thanksgiving week and I was checking to see if any clubs in the area had launches scheduled when this thread popped up. If I can pull it off with the family commitments I'll be there on the 30th.
I'll probably miss this one, as we'll be away for Thanksgiving weekend. Weather forecast looks pretty good.

If you go, bring trackers and boots, lots of sand spurs in the bushes. There won't be a big crowd, maybe a dozen or so people. Brian the Motorman will likely be there selling AeroTech motors. Often the highlight of the launch is Bruce's big rocket on an M research motor.

I'll probably miss this one, as we'll be away for Thanksgiving weekend. Weather forecast looks pretty good.

If you go, bring trackers and boots, lots of sand spurs in the bushes. There won't be a big crowd, maybe a dozen or so people. Brian the Motorman will likely be there selling AeroTech motors. Often the highlight of the launch is Bruce's big rocket on an M research motor.

Good to know. I'll pack the boots, Featherweight GPS tracker and AT casings. Pity you'll miss the event... maybe next time?

~dave~

This post is ~1 yr since last activity, but... Does the Ft Meyers Tripoli Prefect still operate? Website looks out of date, but it does list a launch Jan 2, 2021.
Does anyone have a contact phone or email, so I can confirm the launch is go morning of before making the drive? Thanks!!

Yes, this club is active. Prefect is Don Mazzarella, mazza2311 at aol dot com

This post is ~1 yr since last activity, but... Does the Ft Meyers Tripoli Prefect still operate? Website looks out of date, but it does list a launch Jan 2, 2021.
Does anyone have a contact phone or email, so I can confirm the launch is go morning of before making the drive? Thanks!!
Were you there yesterday? It was a good launch, the Florida Gators university team was there and the weather was nice. About 9 fliers and 30 launches. As noted above, this site is rather rough with brush and shrubs, I've attached a photo.
lab4.jpglab3.jpglab2.jpglab1.jpg

Were you there yesterday? It was a good launch, the Florida Gators university team was there and the weather was nice. About 9 fliers and 30 launches. As noted above, this site is rather rough with brush and shrubs, I've attached a photo.
View attachment 445075View attachment 445076View attachment 445077View attachment 445078
Apologies late replying here. We missed the Jan 2nd launch, as we ended up moving. But we will be at the Feb 6th launch.
Weather permitting, I'm hoping to cert L2 there.

Thanks for the photos and info! hope to see you there. We'll be bring quite a collection of motors and will fly as much as we can
Weather permitting, I'm planning to go on Feb. 6, see u there.

Back