Quantcast

Tripoli Ft Myers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Jozef

Reaction score
Is Tripoli Ft Myers still alive? The last pics on there web site are from 2013. I am looking for an HPR launch site as close to the Florida Keys as I can get.

timbucktoo

Staff member
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Yes they are. I have recently contacted one of the club officers. They launch on 1st Saturday. I think you can get hit email from the site otherwise I'll pm you when I get home.

Jozef

Reaction score
Yes they are. I have recently contacted one of the club officers. They launch on 1st Saturday. I think you can get hit email from the site otherwise I'll pm you when I get home.
Thank you...

Osprey

Reaction score
Hi Tim.

Are you sure they still launch? I see the updated launch day, but the website looks static.

Let me know - thank you

timbucktoo

Staff member
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Yes they do. 1st Saturday. Did you email him?

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Any update ?

The last thing I heard was that Harold Sasloe stepped down as Prefect. After that, they seem to have vanished.

Dave F.

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Any update ?

The last thing I heard was that Harold Sasloe stepped down as Prefect. After that, they seem to have vanished.

Dave F.
Really? Did you look at the Tripoli site? For the most recent list of Prefectures, the Tripoli website is the only official site. The current Prefect of Tripoli Fort Myers is listed there.
http://www.tripoli.org/Prefectures

Also, here’s their website: https://tripolifortmyers.weebly.com

Dave,
I wish you wouldn’t make unsubstantiated statements.
Steve

Last edited:

timbucktoo

Staff member
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Any update ?

Dave F.
Dave, they fly 1st Saturday every month. Very small club. Don Mazza is prefect. They only update their homepage and that is only for launch status. If you email Don from his contact link, he may know the gentleman I am referring to in other thread.

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Really? Did you look at the Tripoli site? For the most recent list of Prefectures, the Tripoli website is the only official site. The current Prefect of Tripoli Fort Myers is listed there.
http://www.tripoli.org/Prefectures

Also, here’s their website: https://tripolifortmyers.weebly.com

Dave,
I wish you wouldn’t make unsubstantiated statements.
Steve
Steve,

(1) Well, here is the page on the Tripoli site I searched : http://www.tripoli.org/Prefectures

(2) When clicking on the Prefecture List, only an email contact is provided, not a link to their website : http://www.tripoli.org/Portals/1/Documents/Prefectures/Prefectures by ID 2019.pdf

(3) When clicking on the email link, one is referred to Steven Sanders, yet, when clicking on the Googlemap locator and selecting "contact" no person is specified.

That information is very inconsistent and no link to the Prefecture exists anywhere on the Tripoli website, that I could find, and a search of the Tripoli website for BOTH "Tripoli Ft. Myers" and "Tripoli Fort Myers" yields "zero results".

Don't you think it would be nice for Tripoli to have a page with links to the websites of all of its Prefectures, just in case someone might be looking for one ?

As for my "unsubstantiated" comments, Harold Sasloe did step down and little information was available, thereafter, through the contact channels I had at my disposal . . . Sounds "substantiated" to me !

Dave F.

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

timbucktoo

Staff member
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
BTW - It appears that their website has not been updated, since 2013 !
Dave F.
Launch status updated monthly.

(3) When clicking on the email link, one is referred to Steven Sanders, yet, when clicking on the Googlemap locator and selecting "contact" no person is specified.
When I click this link, it brings up Don Mazzarella. Steve Sanders is OK prefect.

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Launch status updated monthly.

When I click this link, it brings up Don Mazzarella. Steve Sanders is OK prefect.
I stand corrected . . . I didn't have my glasses on.

Dave F.

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s what I see:
IMG_1197.png

And
IMG_1198.png

And I absolutely agree with you that it would be nice to have all the websites linked.

When I look at the site I posted I see that there’s a launch November 30, 2019. It shows up right in the middle of the page.

The unsubstantiated statement you made was to declare that the prefecture was basically dead without any real knowledge.

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The unsubstantiated statement you made was to declare that the prefecture was basically dead without any real knowledge.
Steve,

My knowledge was "real", but "out-dated" . . .

At any rate, Tripoli Ft. Myers is still around and only updates Launch Dates on their website . . . The rest appears to consist of out-dated 2013, or earlier, information.

Dave F.

billdz

Reaction score
I launch with them almost every month. Don is the prefect and he'll be glad to help you. The field is wide open but a lot of high grass and brush, bring a tracker. I'll see you there, the December launch has been rescheduled for 11/30.

Last edited:

ChicagoDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to be down in South West Florida for Thanksgiving week and I was checking to see if any clubs in the area had launches scheduled when this thread popped up. If I can pull it off with the family commitments I'll be there on the 30th.

billdz

Reaction score
Is Tripoli Ft Myers still alive? The last pics on there web site are from 2013. I am looking for an HPR launch site as close to the Florida Keys as I can get.
Joe, there's a Level 1 launch site in West Palm Beach, a bit closer to the Keys. But the Ft. Myers site is the nearest to the Keys where you can launch the really big boys. There are also launches in Homestead and Broward where you can launch A-G motors.

billdz

Reaction score
I'm going to be down in South West Florida for Thanksgiving week and I was checking to see if any clubs in the area had launches scheduled when this thread popped up. If I can pull it off with the family commitments I'll be there on the 30th.
I'll probably miss this one, as we'll be away for Thanksgiving weekend. Weather forecast looks pretty good.

If you go, bring trackers and boots, lots of sand spurs in the bushes. There won't be a big crowd, maybe a dozen or so people. Brian the Motorman will likely be there selling AeroTech motors. Often the highlight of the launch is Bruce's big rocket on an M research motor.

ChicagoDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'll probably miss this one, as we'll be away for Thanksgiving weekend. Weather forecast looks pretty good.

If you go, bring trackers and boots, lots of sand spurs in the bushes. There won't be a big crowd, maybe a dozen or so people. Brian the Motorman will likely be there selling AeroTech motors. Often the highlight of the launch is Bruce's big rocket on an M research motor.
Good to know. I'll pack the boots, Featherweight GPS tracker and AT casings. Pity you'll miss the event... maybe next time?

~dave~