Tripoli, Bong launch In flight video.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temp actually hit 37* for the last hour. Dave Deavours noted to me, the snow was melting - quickly! As I got in the car to heard home, I realized my feet were completely drenched.

White with blue accents!
4D842DE7-8E60-4495-B65B-DAEFD81BEF4F.jpeg
Something I haven’t encountered in past winter flying - a face mask fogging up one’s glasses makes tracking -much- harder.

Looks like a great day of flying! Bong adds all sorts of interesting challenges to flying, just gotta fly the field like Gary said. Best parts of Winter flying is no ticks, no mosquitoes, and frozen water.

I really should register and start going to this, looks like fun.

weather.com says it will be -8 degrees at bong this weekend....

1613002097026.png

see you in the spring. Although, for the record, I will be moving to Virginia this year, after my kids get out of school. Will have to say goodbye to Bong, and Midwest Power, but Hello to MDRA and Red Glare.

Sunday looks like great weather..... if you're a polar bear. So far nothing posted about canceling . I'll be there with extra hand warmers - not sure what rockets I'll bring though.

Given how my rockets behaved in the cold last time, I think I'll wait for warmer weather. We're canning and filtering this weekend, so come on over if you need a place to warm up. Until about 3pm at least. We start and finish early.
1613061063452.png1613061063452.png

Rule #1 of flying in the winter. Don't fly white rockets. :)

Oddly enough, don't fly black rockets in winter.
Anything that is black just gets lost among all the things that stick out of the snow that are dark colored.

Back