Trio of Little Dogs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diosces

Reaction score
My 7 year old twins will be attending their first high power launch next month Both they and I wanted something fun to fly together at MDRA’s Red Glare VI.

They had together already built a dozen paper estes rockets so we decided on the popular Performance Rocketry Little Dog. This would be our first team fiberglass build. Wwe wanted to drag race so we ordered three Performance Rocketry fiberglass Litttle Dog kits from Rockets Magazine. Mine I made a dual deploy option for future J motor usage

We also planned several cool things to include on the build.

So we started with this :

Little_Dog_x3_Parts_kits.JPG

and we ended with this. The pictures really don't do the rockets justice. The girls and I are psyched to fly these as well rest of our fleet.

You can read the build thread here at Rocketry planet.

Little Dogs paint close-up.JPG

Little Dogs Paint finished.jpg

Little Dogs with dogs.jpg

Jeeze, nice Little Dogs. Really smooth paint, great job. What are you planning to fly them on?

Edit: Just skimmed the thread on RP. Nevermind, I saw that you were planning on G78's.:D

Last edited:
Those are slick! Heck, even I'm a bit excited.

So how are you going to fit those pax (stuffed animals) in the payload tubes?

My wife's a Red Hatter, and will be coming with me to Red Glare VI, so she will definitely approve of the red and purple ones, at least. The paint looks like Krylon X-Metal, which I've used a few times. What paint did you actually use?

EDIT: Ahhh... you do learn a lot by reading the build thread. It was X-Metal paint then, I take it. Nice.

Last edited:
My wife's a Red Hatter, and will be coming with me to Red Glare VI, so she will definitely approve of the red and purple ones, at least. The paint looks like Krylon X-Metal, which I've used a few times. What paint did you actually use?

According to his thread at RP, he used Krylon X-Metal paint.

so when is the DD being added? If you get it done by Red Glare Ill help you set up charges etc. and put our Walston in it and Ill donate a 3 grain J motor!!!

Its been sitting in the motor box and I want to fly it. Its like a J400

Ben

Thanks for all the feedback.

Ben, Thats very thoughtful but I've got two other rockets Im working on so prolly won't finish the alt bay on my DD little dog. Right now I'm furiously working on my fiberglass Binder Devastator.

If the offer stands for the May MDRA launch I'd love to take you up on it.

AKpilot the girls actualy want to see if we could stuff one of the smaller stuffed animals in ;) Thye have flags that we'll be putting in on the second flight

Ben, Thats very thoughtful but I've got two other rockets Im working on so prolly won't finish the alt bay on my DD little dog. Right now I'm furiously working on my fiberglass Binder Devastator.

If the offer stands for the May MDRA launch I'd love to take you up on it.

You don't even need to start it We could probably build it that night in the hotel! Would you mid bringing it? I just want to see the kit.

Ben

Back