TriCities Rocketeers June Swoosh launch June 17-19th, 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Just a heads up, TCR will be hosting our annual 3 day event on June 17-19th. More information to follow, but come join us at the Sod Farm, dry camping available onsite and several hotels within 15 minutes of the launch site. We have one of the best launch sites in all of Washington State.
https://www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/

Update:

The Tri Cities Rocketeers will be holding our next launch on Friday-Sunday June 17-19, 2016. We will have a 10,000 foot waiver in place limited to L impulse open from 10am-4pm each of those three days.

If you plan to fly an L motor, we would ask that you provide sim data that will show us that the rocket will not break the waiver.

We have implemented a new liability waiver policy for 2016. All event attendees (flyers and spectators, including children) must now have a signed liability waiver on file. These waivers will be good for our “fiscal” year (April 1st through March 31st). Since this is a new policy, the waivers signed prior to April 1st this year will be good through March 31st of next year. You can download the waiver here: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/tcr-liability-waiver-form.html

Please also note some minor changes to our safety policies as well. You can read them here: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/tcr-enhanced-safety-measures.html
Dry camping is allowed at our site if you would like to come early. Here is an overhead view of our site with camping area marked: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/birds-eye-view-of-the-range.html

Please keep an eye on our website and the mailing lists for launch updates. No news is good news, which means I will only make a cancellation announcement if poor weather is expected. If the launch is cancelled, the announcement will be made at least 24 hours in advance.

Remember that this is the beginning of our “fiscal” year and membership renewals (if you plan to) are due.

Hope to see you at the sod farm!

I'm planning to be there along with my wife and (this time) our corgis...... Looking forward to it!

Excellent Bernard, we look forward to having you guys there. At the moment it looks as though Dave K. and I will be there all three days, and several others have let us know they expect to be there at least Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully the weather is as good this year as last years was.

Yes....and better than the forecast for tomorrow's BEMRC launch. Here's hoping Tim and company are having better weather over at BMR in Dayton, though the forecast over there looks to include overlimit winds tomorrow.....

Yes....and better than the forecast for tomorrow's BEMRC launch. Here's hoping Tim and company are having better weather over at BMR in Dayton, though the forecast over there looks to include overlimit winds tomorrow.....

Winds were good here early in the morning then got a bit rowdy about 11. I was painting the exterior of the house today, thank goodness for airless sprayers, was just finishing the last section when the winds started kicking up to about 20mph. I hope its good for Blue Mountain Rocketeers, definitely need to make that trip sometime this year.

Wish I could make this one but I'll be on a trip that week with munchkin #2 due shortly after I get back. Hoping to make it back to the sod farm before the end of the summer.

Wish I could make this one but I'll be on a trip that week with munchkin #2 due shortly after I get back. Hoping to make it back to the sod farm before the end of the summer.

We understand Ryan, my 3rd munchkin put a dent in a few winter launches about 18months ago. Good Luck.

Back