TriAgain - 2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
i'm gonna need a lot of desert to find this baby again!
here it is single stage...

TriAgain.jpg

along comes... the TA2!
TriAgain-2.jpg

it is gap staged, 4x 24mm to 3x 24mm
it won't add a huge amount of altitude, but it'll sure be cool if it works out!

of the booster.
i may use a second centering ring at the top of the booster to create a place for a recovery device of some sort...

the transitions are going to be a nightmare...
:(

cool,!,,cluster to cluster staging has been a problem for me so far,,, keep the pics coming !

I was thinking of clustering/staging a Fat Boy. I've already made it w/3-24mm and it flies great. So why would it be so hard to add a booster and some slightly larger fins? The booster of course being 3-24mm.

You might want the booster stage to have a small streamer wrapped around the inside so on its way down it doesn't have to much of a impact with the desert playa.Just wrap 2 small streamers (attached to kevlar) , inside the transistions that your gonna' build , then when the booster falls off it pulls the streamers out.

Originally posted by kelltym88
I was thinking of clustering/staging a Fat Boy. I've already made it w/3-24mm and it flies great. So why would it be so hard to add a booster and some slightly larger fins? The booster of course being 3-24mm.

Like this?

And the launch pic.

4 x 18mm booster, 24mm upper.

Plans in the Sept/Oct 1998 issue of Sport Rocketry.

Hmm yeah should work , just something so that it slows it down enough to stop it harming someone/thing.

i'll have a better feel for it the next time.
it has been a learning experience, to say the least.

i'm not gonna make this one really pretty, just gonna see how/if it works out, then i'll craft a nicer version that fits without the huge gaps. i may put a couple vent holes in the booster to keep air friction from separating the booster prematurely.

my plan is to use some spraymount adhesive and a little black powder up the nozzles to assure sustainer ignition.

i'll slap some paint on this thing today and do some final simulations once i have the exact mass and CG for the booster.
i may have to add some weight since most BP motor combinations have a delay that is too short for this combination. either that, or i have to make sure the rocket/recovery system is good to over 70 mph

Back