Quantcast

TRF Website Issues - Win10

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

GregGleason

Reaction score
I recently got a laptop running Win10. Under Edge I couldn't reach TRF (or Wildman's site). I downloaded Chrome and I could reach TRF, but it didn't look like it usually does.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Greg

Peter Olivola

Reaction score
Since I upgraded to Win 10 there have been no changes in any website I access with any of my browsers. The first thing I would check is the browser settings.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. I've switched all my computers to Win 10 just because I liked it better than the one computer that had Win 8.1. I use Firefox though. I hated Win 8.1. So far everything has worked OK.

Adrian

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
apart from various ads slowing page load times TRF & 'the edge' have played nicely for me. you might want to check your security settings and or try using ie11.
Rex

markkoelsch

Reaction score
Likely nothing to do with Windows itself. First time you load a page it takes longer and it could be that. Windows 10 comes with two browsers IE 11 and Edge. Try Edge first.

GregGleason

Reaction score
Ok. It's fixed now. The internet security settings were set to "High". I set them to "Medium" and the page was able to load properly.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm going from Vista to Win10 and playing a little catch-up.

Greg

markkoelsch

Reaction score
Greg, that is a significant leap. I like 10 for the most part. There are some things you need to disable, but it seems ok otherwise.

GregGleason

Reaction score
Likely nothing to do with Windows itself. First time you load a page it takes longer and it could be that. Windows 10 comes with two browsers IE 11 and Edge. Try Edge first.
I like Edge for the most part. I don't like that you cannot edit the URL of a favorite you added. There doesn't seem to be even a kludge workaround for that "feature".

Greg