TRF upgraded to XenForo. Questions and Comments here please

Discussion in 'Rocketry Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Angie, Jun 13, 2018.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Oct 13, 2018 #331

Rocketjunkie

Rocketjunkie

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP

Inconsistent behavior also with unread posts. Clicking on thread title sometimes brings me to first unread, sometimes to beginning of thread. Clicking on dot always brings me to the page containing new posts but not always to the new posts, have to scroll down to reach the new posts. I prefer clicking on dot for new posts, clicking on title to go to beginning of thread.

rocketguy101 likes this.
  2. Oct 13, 2018 #332

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

yes! I asked about this further up-thread and was shot down by a couple of users. The actions Rocketjunkie and I ask for are more consistent with other forums.

3. Oct 13, 2018 #333

UhClem

UhClem

UhClem

Firefox, updated frequently (62.0.2 for now) although that doesn't seem to make a difference. Running on Linux (Fedora 27 currently) and a nice simple desktop computer.

4. Nov 2, 2018 #334

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

Is there a way to get the "print view" of a thread like the old VB? Sometimes it was handy on long threads (like this one!) to select the "print view" so see all the posts ... you could then use your browser search to find something in that thread, or you could save out the thread for future reference.

5. Nov 2, 2018 #335

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I"ll have to check on that. I can see it very useful on this site.

6. Nov 2, 2018 #336

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

Thanks...and before somebody points out, I know you can select "In this thread" on the search dialog, but I tried it, and it is cumbersome ... it rejected a couple of my search parameters as being too short or too common. I had much better success in the past using browser search with "print view".

Another benefit of "print view" is I could send it to a pdf printer and save a copy of the thread. I want to save off the Apollo Little Joe II build tip thread because there are many good tips and advice in there, and I wanted to keep it with my instructions before attempting the build.

7. Nov 3, 2018 #337

Angie

Angie

Angie

I'm looking into this print thread ability.

8. Nov 7, 2018 #338

Angie

Angie

Angie

Good afternoon. I did find a Export Thread tool and have it loaded on the site now. It is not exactly like the VB download, but it is pretty good.

How to use:

upload_2018-11-7_12-50-42.png

How to use:
    1. While viewing a thread, click the Thread Tools and select Export Thread.
    2. Highlight any portion of the thread contents and copy to your clipboard.
    3. Bring up the application of your choice, for example an email program or an editor program.
    4. Paste contents from clipboard.
    Tip: Download the "Save Text Area" add-on for Firefox, this will allow you to save highlighted content to a file in a few clicks.

9. Nov 8, 2018 at 4:11 AM #339

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

Fantastic! Thank you for digging into this! I tried saving each page as a pdf file, then combined them with adobe. With some of the pictures, it paginated strangely, but your export looks like it gets the whole thread in one shot?? Will definitely play with this a bit! Thanks again!

Edit: the export is text only, but looks like links to the photos are captured...with older threads (like the LJII build thread) I'm not sure those links are still good. But still a nice tool to capture information from a long thread in one place. :)