TRF Summer Buildoff Build Thread: Chili Pepper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Alrighty everyone,
Here's the build thread for my entry.

I present to you, Chili Pepper.
Specs:
Main body tube: 1.63"
Ring fin: LOC 3" tube
Fins: 1/8" ply
Motor Mount: 29mm
Planned first launch: G77-R ;)

For some reason, the 3D rendering isn't working on this computer, so I'll have to get a screenshot of that later. Just know that the screenshots are freaking awesome, and the decals definitely fit with the theme of the rocket.

2d screenshot.jpg

I've had a few people ask about the name. The naming of the rocket comes off of the fact that I'm currently dating a redhead..... ;) (Keep Gus away from this one :p)

I'm working on drawing up a CAD model to send to get the fins laser cut.

Attachments

• Chili Pepper.ork
    3 KB · Views: 47
Little teaser that I can't show in OR but am drawing up in CAD.... the fins will be 3D printed for a very particular reason ;)

That is on Hot design... It should throw some spice into the competition.

I can see it now... Cayenne pepper tracking powder

1963-shutdown.png

Well, I figured I would use my 8000th post to update you guys on what I've done so far.

Parts are being ordered from Performance Hobbies today.

I've been looking at other designs, and I've realized that if I want any chance of winning this game, I gotta step my competition WAYYY up.

As a little teaser.... One of the new parts of the rocket will be 3D printed motor mounts... IN the fins. :)

Well, I figured I would use my 8000th post to update you guys on what I've done so far.

I've been looking at other designs, and I've realized that if I want any chance of winning this game, I gotta step my competition WAYYY up.

As a little teaser.... One of the new parts of the rocket will be 3D printed motor mounts... IN the fins. :)

8000 posts? Man, you're taking your time to get your post count up that high :wink: Oh... that's not the competition you were talking about... :wink:

Really though, I can't wait to see your build.

Are you teasing us with PODS? Still "simable" and hopefully some of the voters will be the sane guys who say "If ya can't sim it, don't fly it!" Hot chili pepper pods, cool!

Back