Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline, Potent
- Jan 19, 2009
- Reaction score
TRF Spring Contest!
With the cancellation of NASA's Constellation program, the next round of vehicles for manned spaceflight is expected to come from the private sector - eg, you! In this contest we want to see how you picture the future of manned spaceflight. We're looking for anything, from your design for the Shuttle replacement using today's technology right up to warp drive powered starships which won't fly for thousands of years. The key word is future, so models of any past or present launch vehicles won't be accepted.
Total power levels between Micromaxx and J motors are allowed for this contest, and we're looking for creativity more than anything so there's no excuse not to have a go!
1) $25 Gift Certificate to Semroc.
2) $25 Gift Certificate to Pem-Tech.
3) A copy of Mario Perdue's book Seize The Sky.
1) Contest starts April 1, 2010 and final information must be posted by midnight May 31, 2010 US Central Time.
2) Rocket can fly on a single, staged or clustered motor configuration, with total impulse in the Micromaxx - J range.
3) A build thread with at least 4 pictures must be posted in the TRF Contest Forum. But don't worry if you've posted one elsewhere, let one of the moderators know and we'll move it for you.
4) The build thread must include a flight report with a safe flight and recovery. Multiple flight attempts are perfectly acceptable; there is no penalty for unsuccessful flight attempts -- only the final, safe, attempt counts.
5) The contest will be judged based on creativity and adherence to the contest rules.
6) Preliminary judging will be performed by Luke Strawalker and WiK, to select 5 finalists. Forum members will then be able to vote on the 5 finalists, to determine the final placement.
7) Three prizes will be awarded, one each to the top three entries. The first place entry (most votes) picks first, followed by second place, with third place receiving the remaining prize.
Last edited by a moderator: