TRF secret santa?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep the PM's coming people, i think we have 15 or 16 right now, so its a great start. i want to draw names around the first week of december...how's everyone feel about that? too soon? too late?

Originally posted by r1dermon
keep the PM's coming people, i think we have 15 or 16 right now, so its a great start. i want to draw names around the first week of december...how's everyone feel about that? too soon? too late?

I would make the cutoff, Dec 1st (Wed). that way should there be any need to ship something overseas it will allow the lead time to get it there. Remember during the holidays mail services and UPS, Fed X ,etc are swamped.

When I've done this on other forums the 'facilitator' got names from 5 countries. Over 100 names! She deliberatly picked names of Santa's from thier own countries where possible. ie Austrailia matched with Austrailia, UK with UK for example.

The $10 minimum is at a great level. I hadn't even noticed it till now but I don't considerit important. I'd be happy to recieve something scratch, used, anything. It's about sharing right?

Looks like we have a couple vendors on board. I'm sure more will do it too because I'll be paying the shipping anyway right?

Thanks

Layne

JonRocket.com is happy to sign up as a vendor. Just order like always but make sure you let us know to whom you want the item shipped in the notes section and mention that it is a TRF secret Santa purchase.

Shipping is free to the U.S. on orders over 20.00. Canadian shipping is 5.95. We don't generally ship to Europe unless it is a large order.

Also, if you use JonRocket.com to ship your order we will include a free Rocket Rack from Semroc! Just make sure you mention the Secret Santa program.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Would the vendors be willing to make a 'secret santa' discount?

Just to: rope a few more in, and give incentive for us to use fellow rocketeers / vendors!

I know that's what I'm doing! Order from a participating vendor and have it 'drop shipped' to my secret person.

thats probably the best way to do it. because then you dont have to pay for 2 shipping charges, and it says that its from the vendor, doesnt give the persons name.

Underdog Rockets will give a 10% discount to anyone who mentions this thread.

niiiiiice, this is awesome. we've got 15 people right now. lets get 5 more tonight...comeon 5 more....hehehe.

You can count in Rockethead Rockets. We will offer 20% off from any of our products and free shipping to boot for the secert Santa. We can not offer this on other manufactures products but we will offer 10% but we can not do the free shipping. We acn also ship it to who ever you want it to go to.

send me a PM and i'll put you on the list.
be sure to include your mailing address. or a PO box.

doug is in. send me a PM though, because i want to catalog all the addresses so that i can have as little problems as possible. thanks guys!!

ok, i've got two dates for the drawing, one is saturday november 27th, and the other is friday december 3rd. tell me which one you guys want. december 3rd gives you 21 days till christmas. im leaning toward the november 27th, but i'll let you guys decide. also, as of right now, we've only got 1 participant from the UK, and 2 from canada. comeon people lets step the sign up rates for those countries up a notch. other than that, we're up to 21 participants in total. which is pretty good so far. whichever date is picked, that day i will inform everyone that the picking has started, and you will all recieve a PM when your name has been picked. sound cool? again, thanks to everyone who is participating. this forum rules.

I would go for the 27th, mostly because it is my b-day.:)

Nov 27th.

Just to allow those who might have to send to another country some time for the shipping.

The 27th would be best.

Also, count me (jim) in :)

Also, FlisKits can drop ship for anyone wanting to get their gift out. Just be sure to give me the full name and address of who it is going to and that it is for the Secret Santa.

jim

Thanks r1dermon for putting this together!

Any date is good for me.

Pat

27th for me also. So on the 27th we get told who to buy the gift for?
Karl

jim, PM me and i'll throw you on the list. looks like there's overwhelming support for the 27th, so i guess thats what i'll do. i want to really thank all the vendors for participating, offering drop shipping, and cutting prices for this makeshift event, its going to be cool.

OHH, one more IMPORTANT thing...jim, will that 24mm cluster be coming out before christmas??? i know, you're probably tired of getting asked that, but i seriously can't wait.

You may want to make a list that is on the forum, either on this thread or where ever, that says everyones name and maybe the thing they want? This way, no one's info is confused or left out. Also, you can make a list of all the vendors who have volunteered in the same post. Just a suggestion...

Put Semroc down as a vendor also! We can drop ship with no shipping charges. Add the recipients name and address in the comments section and designate that you are the "Secret Santa." If you want a message sent with the package, send a separate email to [email protected].

Maybe we can add a few extra give-aways we have laying around. This is a great project to help bring the community closer together.

Back