Quantcast

TRF outtage?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

jflis

Reaction score
I noticed TRF seemed to go off line earlier today and into this evening.

For a while, when trying to access the site, I got sent to the update site with a note that the forum was off line temporarily. Later on I started getting an error "Error Processing Request"

Now I see I am getting that error with netscape (my regular browser) but it works with IE...

Anyone else notice this? Anyone know what the problem is?

thanx,
jim

eugenefl

Reaction score
Originally posted by jflis
I noticed TRF seemed to go off line earlier today and into this evening.

For a while, when trying to access the site, I got sent to the update site with a note that the forum was off line temporarily. Later on I started getting an error "Error Processing Request"

Now I see I am getting that error with netscape (my regular browser) but it works with IE...

Anyone else notice this? Anyone know what the problem is?

thanx,
jim
Yes, it was down earlier. I use Firefox and the page is loading fine. That's odd that one browser loads the page yet the other does not. The only thing that I can think of is the browser history not checking for new content on each page launch.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
I have IE and got the status page for most of the day. Since then I have noticed that the site goes thru slow periods, to the point of my browser timing out.

Milo

TRF BoD Member
Reaction score
TRF was indeed out today. I woke up to the outage here in NC. The equipment at the tower that feeds my neighborhood cell went bad. It came back up sometime around 3PM EST.

When TRF has an outage Phil takes over TRF and points the domain to his web server that hosts the status page. When we switch back it is not uncommon for DNS issues to cause your browser to misfire. Usually a refresh or clearing of the cache fixes these problems.

jflis

Reaction score
oh I figured that.

cleared cache, cleared history, restarted the browser...

still having that problem though

Also, i have seen some slowness to the forum as well...

i'll see how it looks in the morning.

thanx,
jim

jflis

Reaction score
Netscape on one of my computers is working now (didn't yesterday afternoon). I will check my home system this afternoon and see about that one. weird... :)

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
It was working OK for a while after it came back and only went through periods of slowness. I clear my cache often, but not specifically at that time. I wouldn't have though a cache issue would vary that much, fast then slow then fast again. Oh well, seems much faster overall this AM.

Latest posts