TRF launch possible?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phaar

Reaction score
Does anyone think that a TRF launch is possible. Maybe a few contest and just everyone from TRF getting together annually or maybe just a one time thing. Anyone like this idea or is it crap? Just thinking here. Maybe we could have it in Kansas? Just trying to think of something central. I think it would be fun. What does everyone else think. Is it possible?

We do that now!

We have had two of them in April at Whitaker, NC...OK I missed the last one!

I knew that it was too good of an idea not to be already true. When is the next one?

Probably next April!

We or some of us, will also meet at NSL, LDRS or anything else we can reach.

It would be wonderful to see if, with early enough planning, a MAJOR TRF gathering could be managed for the Whitakers launch :)

I will be there. Whether employed, living under a bridge, booted out of the house, or in a hospital bed due to some strange illness, I truly look forward to next year's annual TRF meet.

How about in conjunction with NARAM in Ohio. That is about as "central" as we are going to get with this vast crowd and I noticed quite a few TRFers at this year's NARAM anyway.

At the very least, we really need to organize a TRF dinner or something. It doesn't have to be planned very far in advance; this year, somebody posted rmr dinner notices all over the headquarters hotel and quite a few showed up.

Bill

Oh, and we need to come up with a distinctive TRF name tag or something so that we can spot each other.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill
Oh, and we need to come up with a distinctive TRF name tag or something so that we can spot each other.
We did that too at the first TRF launch. :D

West Chester may work for me; not sure yet, tentitively planning on AIRFest over that Labor Day weekend.
And that could be a consideration also. The event was fantasic this year.
Although not as cool as a physical get together, I might suggest a "Virtual Launch". Take the winter to build and get ready then set aside a Saturday in say, April and go out and launch taking lots of pictures and videos. Post them somewhere and get together here in the evening to hash out the events.

Greg

Bill

I find that the official TRF T shirt works really good for that. :cool:

and they're good quality shirts, and your purchase will also help the maker recover some of what he laid out to have them printed.

disclaimer: i have no finacial interest in the selling or buying of TRF Tshirts. but i do plan on buying at least one more.

Originally posted by jflis
It would be wonderful to see if, with early enough planning, a MAJOR TRF gathering could be managed for the Whitakers launch :)

THAT would be great! this year was just wonderful with the small bunch that made it, it would be incredible if we could get 100 or more of us there. although it would probably mean that i would get fewer flights in. ;)

i'm thinkin it would be a good time/place for my level 2 flight.

here's a pic of the field:

How about in conjunction with NARAM in Ohio. That is about as "central" as we are going to get with this vast crowd and I noticed quite a few TRFers at this year's NARAM anyway.

At the very least, we really need to organize a TRF dinner or something. It doesn't have to be planned very far in advance; this year, somebody posted rmr dinner notices all over the headquarters hotel and quite a few showed up.

Bill

I really hope that we do a MAJOR launch at whitikers next year but some sort of gathering at NARAM would be great too!

Just some friendly jabbing ;). This is what "I" brought last year:

Flying_Feat.jpg

Flew most of em too, sometimes more than once :).

Actually, this year I don't plan to bring that much... Just the Magnum, Megablast, and Super Glotova..... maybe a dozen or so smaller rockets... :D. JK...

I thank Jim for driving this down for me... I was only allowed 2 carry-ons ;).

Originally posted by Adam Selene
I really hope that we do a MAJOR launch at whitikers next year but some sort of gathering at NARAM would be great too!

And TARC. If not to fly, at least to show up and show support.

And to give out TRF flyers to all the future rocket scientists.

Back