TRF Launch 2004?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damage...

Reaction score
Guys,

Is there any mass launch meeting of TRF'rs this year?

I note from lower down this section that Ken mentions the 2nd Annual TRF meet, but can't find any other mention anywhere...

Given enough time to prepare I might make the journey "over the pond", meet some of you guys in the flesh and see how you people run a launch!

And give my TRF T-shirt an airing of course...

:cool:

Damage...

We are planning a 2nd Annual Gathering of TRF folks at Whitakers, NC, on Saturday, April 24 and Sunday, April 25. How many will attend? No way to tell just yet. A majority of the TRF mods and admins will be there - Mark, Phil, Carl and me for sure. Milo and Jase are going to *try* to make it. Kermie says he can't make it this year.

There also is most likely going to be a large gathering of TRF folks at the annual LDRS event this year. If I remember correctly, that event is in New York sometime in July.

That gives you two possibilities that you could consider.

Will this launch be commercial motors both days.. or is one day going to be restricted to ex...?

Thinking about going, if i can get the time off and talk my brother into going, I'd be coming from Iowa and he's in Virginia..

Both days are sport - meaning commercial motors. No EX that weekend. We intentionally pick a two day sport launch, as the majority of TRFers don't do EX.

Originally posted by KenParker
Damage...

A majority of the TRF mods and admins will be there - Mark, Phil, Carl and me for sure. Milo and Jase are going to *try* to make it.

I am tentatively able to attend. I can't fully commit 100% yet as it is too early to say for sure, but so long nothing else of imminence crops up I will be there. If I'm not mistaken, so will the Tour de Deuce project! Sweet!

Kathy and I are looking into coming down. We have a very busy schedule this year, but hope to make it down.

we'll keep you folks posted!
jim

The chances of me going to the Whitakers meet increase rapidly if there will be a motor vendor in attendance.

Hey thats sounds like a good time! Can you post a link to the club or to the launch field?

Originally posted by Frodo2801
Hey thats sounds like a good time! Can you post a link to the club or to the launch field?

Ken/Mark/Phil, if you can, could you post a link to last year's pictures for those that haven't been to see? Thanks!

Originally posted by gothique_97
The chances of me going to the Whitakers meet increase rapidly if there will be a motor vendor in attendance.

Unless something unusual happens, Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies will be at the launch. He has a pretty large trailer and a dual-wheel pickup - he brings everything from kits to parts to .... motors.

Hey guys...sounds like a plan! I'm gonna try and come up for the launch...maybe even do my cert there :D. Man, I'll get some major hazing with the things you guys have been talking about...

Hey Frodo...welcome to the forum...and check it out! I'm in Weddington! We gotta be like at most 5 miles away! Where are you at in Matthews???

I think I would like to come and bring my boys with me. After looking at the web site for directions, I only have two questions.

a) What time do launches kick off there?
b) Is there a $10 fee for launching?
c) Can non-club members launch? Yeah, I know, that's three. So sue me.

prowlerguy,
The FAA Waiver is usually from 10:00am-6:00pm.
Launch fees are $10 for the day, $15 for the weekend on 2 day launches. Kids flying low power fly for free.
Non TRA or NAR members are welcome. If you wish to join one of the organizations while at the launch site, TRA always has a representative there and occasionally a NAR representative is present.
You can visit https://www.colonialvirginiahpr.org/whitakers.html for more information on Whitakers Launch Site.

Hope to see ya' there,
Paul

I am thinking of coming down and was wondering if there are any campgrounds near by. I have a popup and I would like to get my moneys worth out of it. So, can anybody point me to campgrounds near the launch site?

There also is most likely going to be a large gathering of TRF folks at the annual LDRS event this year. If I remember correctly, that event is in New York sometime in July.

I don't really think i could make it to NC:)( ) but meby i can make it to NY;)
can some1 let a little more light onto the subject? meby a link?
thanks, and *maybe* i'll see u there!

OK, well i hate to answer my own question, but if any1 else is interested LDRS 23 is going to be in upstate NY, more info at www.ldrs23.org
i don't think i'll be able to be there the whole week (lol), but hope to see you there just the same!!!

From the "Avoiding Confusion" Department. There are two threads discussing TRF 2004 so we Mods would like to shut this one down and direct your attention to here for the authoritative discussion of TRF 2004.

*** This thread is no longer open for posting. Please use the above thread for the TRF 2004 discussion. ***

Back