TRF group project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
There was talk before of a TRF group project, but this ones alittle more different. I was thinking of this, and it would be pretty cool. We have somone (or everyone pitches in) to design something that uses stock parts (i.e. bt body tubes, centering rings you can buy somewhere) so that people can create and put together their own rocket, and then have the fin design up on a .pdf file so you can just print it out and make your own fins... Also to have a design for decals made up and printable or somewhere you can purchase them online...

It would be interesting to see everyones different paint jobs, and little ad-ons (and im sure this would be a haven for the upscalers, and those guys that like to stick big motors in small rockets), just to compare them...

this is an interesting idea!

any thought as to a starting point? size, motor size anything?

obviously (to me anyway) it should be something somewhat unusual, not 4fnc.

well, i guess keep the motor low power... d or under, but you know somones gonna make a 29 or 38 mm mount for an upscale glassed version cause its just bound to happen...

maybe we should have a design contest :D

ok, so uhh... i guess just lets have everyone throw there designs in and we'll pick the winner... admins as the "official voting staff" if they wanna do so would be cool...

that a kit bash would be the way to start.
that way everyone has all the parts to start right away...

lemme see...
i just bought a Big Daddy, that's a cool one to bash!
;)

There probably should be a time limit set. Say the contest entries must be in by August 1st to qualify (just as an example).

People who want to participate post their designs here on this thread (or maybe a new one?).

Don't limit the entries by any means except that it must be able to fly on a D motor (or clustered equivalent) or smaller. Scratch, kit bash or whatever.

And I really think that the members of TRF should be the ones that vote on a winner. And put a time limit on the voting, say two weeks after the entry deadline. Whoever has the most votes by that time wins. Maybe we could do a poll so nobody can crank up the votes for themselves or others? I don't know how many entries a poll can handle though.

And all entries must be submitted in RockSim. And if you don't have RockSim, those of us that do could enter it for you (I hereby offer my RockSim abilities to anyone that needs them for this contest).

These are just some random thoughts, feel free to to copy, cut, paste, delete...

-tz

Ok, well... i guess for a deadline for entries we could say... hmm... april first sounds pretty good actually, plenty of times...

All items have to be stock bt sizes etc. , fly on D or less, and have to be vaguely stable looking (roc sim checks would be good...)

After that we can post up a thing with links to the designs and let people vote...

I just want a mod to approve on this before we turn the sites name into a big voting booth :D

Back