TRF Gathering

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenParker

Reaction score
Well, I am anxiously waiting for the TRF gang to show up. Eugenio Cebollero and his brother are due here soon, along with Phil and Mark. It's Saturday, life is good, and rocket-talk is in the offing !!!!

Too windy here to fly anthing today. Not to mention too cold for me. I don't see how anyone flies when it is below 50. I know Vance in AK flies then, as does Sandman, jflis, and a bunch of others. But it's not for me !!!!

Anyway, we had a great day. Rocket talk, Eugene had pics of the Florida NEFAR TDD launch, and other pics. We all went to Ronni's (local restaurant) for wings and beer, then back to the house for more rocket talk.

And.... Eugene delivered some of the Aerotech 32mm RMS RC motors. Oh joyous day !!!! Early Christmas !!!

All in all, a very enjoyable visit. OK... time to get back to the latest project.

Originally posted by KenParker
We all went to Ronni's (local restaurant) for wings and beer, then back to the house for more rocket talk.

Wings, beer and rocket talk....... Life is good

time to get back to the latest project.

So tell us about the project......

Agreed. I had a wonderful time chatting rocketry. Ken (and the rest of the N.Carolina goup) provide wonderful hospitality. If ever you're in town, look him up. I'm sure he'd be happy to meet. I know if anyone is ever in my neck of the woods (Tampa, FL), you'd better give me a call!

The one thing I learned about sitting to wings and beer with Ken, Mark, and Phil is that there is no "Lenny, Vinny, or Guido." *THEY* are the ones that hunt people down when there are no pictures attaced to replies! Sheesh! What a great bunch. I wish I lived up here. This way I'd have 3 houses to crash for rocket building all-nighters! :D Jason (jetra2) almost moved up here. He would have loved the company.

Here's to looking forward to TRF meets to come.

Randy - I'll start posting pics on the *projects* in the next day or two. But, not to keep you in suspense - I'm starting on the assembly of the Estes T25 Centurian RC rocket glider, and also on the Klingberg Rocket Wing RC rocket glider.

Jeez, Eugene.... you tell everything you know. We had all the membership fooled on that Vinny and Guido thing......

Too windy here to fly anthing today. Not to mention too cold for me. I don't see how anyone flies when it is below 50. I know Vance in AK flies then, as does Sandman, jflis, and a bunch of others. But it's not for me !!!!

Shoot man, we haven't even closed the *windows* in our bedroom yet! LOL If it gets above 65 degrees I get uncomfortable and during the winter our bedroom rarely gets above 50...

But December is right around the corner, and we did have a snow squall rip through here today (didn't leave anything but it sure looked wild!), so i'm going to have to put away the T-shirts and break out something with sleeves before too long... :D

Too windy here to fly anthing today. Not to mention too cold for me. I don't see how anyone flies when it is below 50. .....

You and me both! I just figured it was a lot warmer down there :D

Originally posted by jflis
Shoot man, we haven't even closed the *windows* in our bedroom yet! LOL If it gets above 65 degrees I get uncomfortable and during the winter our bedroom rarely gets above 50...

But December is right around the corner, and we did have a snow squall rip through here today (didn't leave anything but it sure looked wild!), so i'm going to have to put away the T-shirts and break out something with sleeves before too long... :D

Bah, silly yankee :D

Too windy here to fly anthing today. Not to mention too cold for me. I don't see how anyone flies when it is below 50. .....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we only flew when it was above 50 degrees, that would cut our flying season down to less than 5 months!:D

Besides snow banks are nice for not quite perfect recovery systems!:eek:
Sounds like you guys had fun! I'm looking forward to the project pics!:cool:

Sheesh...lotsa mad drivers coming home. I lost count of the fender benders, flipped cars, tire changes, stops for speeding, fire trucks... We had a scary experience on the road on our way home. A truck carrying a shipment of new cars had a tire blowout which cause the truck's trailer to do that scary meandering movement. Since the roads were packed with cars, I had to ditch to the grassy median avoiding the panicked mini-vans which had all decided to test the capabilities of ABS braking. I'm here though...all in one piece.

I must say that long distance driving during the holidays is certainly a large risk. I consider it one especially after this weekend's experience. This was the first time where getting from point A to point B had absolutely nothing to do with how fast I could make it. I was too worried about the other crazies on the road.

Here's to hoping everyone had a safe holiday weekend. The holidays aren't over yet, so don't be one of those "crazies" I encountered this weekend. BTW, if I had to travel again, I would certainly take the stress of sitting in a airport than dodging panic stricken mini-van owners.

Thanks for a good weekend Ken!

If we only flew when it was above 50 & low wind we'd be down to 5 weeks(max), & that's calling anything under 10 knots low wind.
I got in my maiden flights on my Super Big Bertha today. Went out & flew it nekid cause the weather was just too good to pass up. 15* above, only about 6 knots & just barely spitting snow. Best it's supposed to be in the next two weeks so I figured I better take advantage of the situation.
Vance in AK.

Back