Tres #97 arrived

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doxiedog315

Reaction score
Now, i'm haveing a happier new year,someone shot out the window on my car for new years,but at least the round did'nt hit someone!

Man that sucks. Not a good way to start out the new year. Was it a BB gun or a higher powered weapon?

On a up note, I bet the arrival of your Tres helped. Mine came in time for Christmas #84. I haven't begun construction on it yet, but hope to soon. If we get a warm spell I can get some painting done. My RR is ready for paint.
Larry

Would you believe a raw potato,from a cannon!!! thats what the sheriff said,looked like a soft ball went through . i had it changed today...that window list for $1,974.30:eek:

All but $300.00 deduct,and no, they are not man enough to stand up! It's over and done with,lets move on:)

Doxie...sounds like you had a time of it...well like you said, time to move and get building that Tres. I am gonna start mine here soon, but am in the middle of building the Upscale one first. Keep us up to date and post pics...it is a VERY cool kit!!!

Carl

well now your gonna have to walk around like the ghetto of nyc... under the window level :p

and did u make that on rocksim? i wanna know a good rocket simulator that i could buy... dunno anything about em really...

Gee, I thought I'd be different and NOT start a new thread on my Tres!

I will build one stock...someday!

I came up with some ideas to make mine a but different.

Here is a teaser. Just some of the parts cut out.

I am putting some "extra" parts on mine!

sandman:D

Sandman,

The inverted black nosecone with relief cutouts for the (3) motors is a very keen idea, and it looks like outer pods are being added...what are you cooking up now?

Well,

Here are more pics.

Now you can see how the basic structure will look...Gee, I hope this works.

sandman

Here are the "engine conduits" and the finpods.

All spaceships need "fin pods"

sandman

Well, not being content with just changing the tail...I had to do something different for the top.

I had a leftover half of a nose cone and BT-20 so they are going on the front...but something different! hehehe.:D

"The Admiral's Yacht" no...it doesn't break away and fly by itself...it'll be glued to the top tube.

sandman

Sandman, that is AWESOME!

As for the exhaust burning the nose, i would think the risk would be minimum with the canted motors. Someone mentioned a very similar modification for the Deuce a long while back.

Can't wait to see this thing completed and painted!

very kewl

A long ways from painting yet.

Gotta finish fillets...holy crap! Do you have any idea how many fillets this thing has???)

Lots of minor filling and lots of balsa to seal too!

I haven't come up with a paint scheme yet.

Here it is complete.

By the way...absolutely no Fliskit parts were used (didn't wanna wreck my kit). Go figure...I clone a kit...butcher it, modify it, change everything. THEN I'll buld it stock.:D

All the parts were turned or "carved" by hand. The fins...well...I made one I liked then made two more to match...I like it!

sandman

Oh...here is a close-up of the "Admiral's Yacht"!

sandman

WOOOO DOGGY!!! THAT'S SO COOL!! :D

Way to go Sandman. Can't wait to see the paint scheme.

Regards,
Todd

Sandman.... I am at a loss for words. That must be the most beautiful rocket I have ever seen!! I mean it!!

That must be the most beautiful rocket I have ever seen!! I mean it!!

Really!??:confused:

I just kinda made it up as I went.

I'm thinking silver.

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
Gee, I thought I'd be different and NOT start a new thread on my Tres!
LOL - not only does this rocket deserve its own thread; it deserves its own website! :D

Well done Sandman - awesome bird.

OK...you guys ready for this one??;)

I decided I really liked the way the Admiral's Yacht" turned out...sooooo!

Here ya go, 13mm powered.

sandman

Jeez! How do you crank these things out so fast?! ;) That is seriously cool! Really neat design. Could this be a future addition to the Flisfleet? ;)

Regards,
Todd

Sandman. I think that the Admiral's Yacht should be entered in a Fliskits DOM contest :). You never know... :D

Back