treadmill question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
I bought a used treadmill. It works fine for about 5 minutes and then abruptly stops. I let it set for about an hour and I can start it up again. It seems maybe temperature related. The motor is hot but not too hot to touch. I looked at the brushes but I don't know what new ones look like. Do you think it is the motor or the controller.

If you can get access to the motor, try blowing a fan at the motor. If it runs longer, it's probably temperature related.

I bought a used treadmill. It works fine for about 5 minutes and then abruptly stops. I let it set for about an hour and I can start it up again. It seems maybe temperature related. The motor is hot but not too hot to touch. I looked at the brushes but I don't know what new ones look like. Do you think it is the motor or the controller.

When it stops, does just the motor stop, or does the whole display go dead? Any sort of error message?

CoyoteNumber2
Could be the motor or the PCB driver board. Brushes should be at least 1/2 inch long and wearing symetrical, brush springs should be on good shape.
Could be the deck and or tread is worn. This would cause the motor to work to hard and over heat. I would vacuum under the tread and clean with Fantastic or 409 type product. Then I would use Armorall just to see if you get longer run times. You also want to make sure the tread is tracking straight.
Also Check to make sure any key/magnetic safety interlock iis securely in place and not loose.
Good luck
CornyL

In all honesty, and to repeat a phrase used here once more freely, used or not I'd still call the manufacturer and ask them for their advice/recommendations. It may be a known problem and/or they may have an easy/free fix.

Back