Traveling Rocket thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spreadsheet is here. The first shows who has signed up but not flown (ie no data in their rows).

Just keeping a list and seeing who is nearer to who to minimize shipping, I think I can do that.
Keep in mind, if I am elected to do this, if you have the rocket, and the next dude or dudette is 4500km away, and there is no one closer, you ARE expected to pay to shipping it 4500km.

So keep that in mind.

Sir,
This project has been going on for nearly two years. The rules and expectations are listed and have been discussed at length so keep THAT in mind before you show up making demands. Not trying to be harsh... And yeah, pretty sure it is in a flat rate box.

Sorry to hijack folks, I am invoking the unwritten, but vaguely implied right of the creator to reroute the Wanderer here, to it's point of origin. I'll make every effort to get this project back on track. I'll wade through the thread and comb over the Google Sheet. It's apparent more folks have showed interest so a new roster will probably be a good idea.

Then I can hand off the project to @gdjsky01 if he is still interested after my heinous comment above. 😁

Apologies to all of I am out of line, in which case, ignore me and carry on as you were.

Mikey D

Ok so I see the spreadsheet and that a linked tab was added for each flyer to the main tab.
Formula's that copy data to main page from the named tab
Totals at the bottom.
Got it.

Ok... I made a copy to my own google drive for now. Just to play with...
ok I see how it works. Created a demo tab. Everything fills in nicely.

Would need to be public read only I guess.

Shipping is not what it used to be. I don't have the time nor the inclination to deal with 24 pages of posts going back two years to find the rules (and a thread before that). Two years ago shipping rates were 75% (or less) of today's rates. Flat rate is good. But flat rates have gone up. A large Priority Mail Flat Rate Box is $22

If that is acceptable I am willing to give it a go! ;)

Ok so I see the spreadsheet and that a linked tab was added for each flyer to the main tab.
Formula's that copy data to main page from the named tab
Totals at the bottom.
Got it.

Ok... I made a copy to my own google drive for now. Just to play with...
ok I see how it works. Created a demo tab. Everything fills in nicely.

Would need to be public read only I guess.

Shipping is not what it used to be. I don't have the time nor the inclination to deal with 24 pages of posts going back two years to find the rules (and a thread before that). Two years ago shipping rates were 75% (or less) of today's rates. Flat rate is good. But flat rates have gone up. A large Priority Mail Flat Rate Box is $22

If that is acceptable I am willing to give it a go! ;)
The rocket ships in the same box that it’s been in for a while. There’s all kinds of goodies in it, I think I detailed them when I received it. Can’t have been more than 4 or 5 pages ago, if digging that far sounds doable.

The rocket ships in the same box that it’s been in for a while. There’s all kinds of goodies in it, I think I detailed them when I received it. Can’t have been more than 4 or 5 pages ago, if digging that far sounds doable.

Here's the post where @MikeyDSlagle built the packing to fit the Wanderer into a Large Flat Rate Priority Mail box. Shipping prices are consistent with that method, and the packing is very durable, having survived nearly two years and countless miles in USPS vehicles.

There's more in the box now than in those original pictures, it's pretty full.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/traveling-rocket-thread.163279/post-2091387

All,
So sorry this was hung up here with me. But it is finally in the hands of the USPS and on it's way to @MikeyDSlagle . I also passed on @gdjsky01 shipping information to him.

I absolutely can't believe how many local launches were canceled after I got the fin repair done. (It's at least 12) I never did get it in the air. So whoever is taking on the roster duty, please out my name back at the bottom of the list...

Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season.

Mike

Edit: The "flat rate" for this box is $ 22.45 as of today. We are WAY below the weight limit, so that should be cost to any US address.

I thought we had found a cheaper option for shipping. Be some time though but I do remember some folks giving me flak for choosing a flat rate box.😁

Something too keep in mind:

As the shipping box is marked "Medium Flat Rate", that is the only USPS service allowed.

If however, the box is covered with brown paper (like from paper shopping bags), then the package can be sent using dimensional shipping (length, girth and weight). This is usually much cheaper then flat rate given how little the box weighs.

Okay folks.
The Wanderer has landed in downtown Slagle. Actually, it has been here a few days but holidays are always so busy and ... well I haven't even opened it up yet. Nor have I dug back through the thread or roster; but I will. I have some short days ahead at work and then I'll be off for nearly two weeks. Should be able to get stuff going again. I have no intention of flying it so once everything is square with the logistics it can be on its merry way. I will reach out to my fellow flyer here in Louisiana and see if he is interested in flying it before it leaves the state, just so it'll fly here again. He is pretty much like me though, too doggone busy for rockets lately.

So lets go ahead and get a new roster going.
Just tag me in this thread saying you want to fly it. If you've flown it, include that as well, just so I'll know.

Thanks folks, hope to get this project Wandering again!

Mikey D

Okay folks.
The Wanderer has landed in downtown Slagle. Actually, it has been here a few days but holidays are always so busy and ... well I haven't even opened it up yet. Nor have I dug back through the thread or roster; but I will. I have some short days ahead at work and then I'll be off for nearly two weeks. Should be able to get stuff going again. I have no intention of flying it so once everything is square with the logistics it can be on its merry way. I will reach out to my fellow flyer here in Louisiana and see if he is interested in flying it before it leaves the state, just so it'll fly here again. He is pretty much like me though, too doggone busy for rockets lately.

Just tag me in this thread saying you want to fly it. If you've flown it, include that as well, just so I'll know.

Mikey D
Flew it already, interested in flying it again.

Okay folks.

Mikey D
I would like to fly it again. I want to see if I can get it higher. I believe I have the altitude record.

Okay folks.

Mikey D
I am back to flying rockets again! Life can change quickly; glad I am back to it!

Flown it. Like to fly it again!

Still in my possession.
I haven't done a thing with it.
I completely forget about it being here, then remember again at a bad time, then forget again.
I rarely check TRF much, and don't get alerts anymore. I logged in to respond to a message and happen to see I was tagged.
So, yeah, I am no longer the best person (of I ever was before lol) for this project.

Send it to me. I'll get it going again. We can start a new list and go from there. Only problem is I am computer challenged. I don't know anything about Google sheets or how to import data from the Flight Sketch. So if someone wants to do that I'm good. If we don't want a record of the flights I will gladly administer the list.
Still in my possession.
I haven't done a thing with it.
I completely forget about it being here, then remember again at a bad time, then forget again.
I rarely check TRF much, and don't get alerts anymore. I logged in to respond to a message and happen to see I was tagged.
So, yeah, I am no longer the best person (of I ever was before lol) for this project.

I have been in contact with @MikeyDSlagle and he is mailing the wanderer to me some time this week. I do not want to control it and am wondering if anyone is serious about getting it going again. I know @teepot showed interest. If you are still interested, pm me and I’ll ship it to you. Any one else? Pm me also.
let’s get this thing going again.

What is the status of the rocket? Where is all the data gathered for it. I might be interested.
Post #691 above has a link to the google page. I have no idea how to manage this page. @MikeyDSlagle would be the one who has this page locked down. Might have to start over with documentation.
As I stated above, the wanderer is supposed to be shipped to me and then I can check it over, make any needed repairs, get new box and get it sent on to the person who will be in charge of this project.
I’ll post again when I have more info.

Back