Traveling Rocket thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hey, what is this place? Where am I? A small voice says "See the light? Head towards the light......."

No no no, I am not dead. The universe just decided to use my life as a substitute football in a cosmic rugby match, for a quick moment...

Anyhoot, the train is back on the rails. The Wanderer ships out tomorrow afternoon.

Can I sign up to fly the Wanderer in PA?
Yes you can! We don't have anyone from PA yet. Just send me your preferred mailing address and email address. I'll get ya on the list and add you as an editor to the Sheet.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I placed the original box (Med Flat Rate box) for the Wanderer inside a brown shipping box. This dropped the USPS shipping charge by $10.00. So with the cheaper rate I upped the insurance value of the package to $100.00 for a fee of $2.95.

I do not know why USPS raised their flat rate shipping (Original USPS box) so much, but their current rates are way too high IMHO.

Great! Glad to see it moving along nicely.

@Tobor
When I used the shipping calculator on the USPS site it estimated much cheaper than the flat rate but the local PO saw the priority box and charged the flat rate. The near-wife didnt argue, just shipped it.
Either way, good that you found a cheaper option.

Great! Glad to see it moving along nicely.

@Tobor
When I used the shipping calculator on the USPS site it estimated much cheaper than the flat rate but the local PO saw the priority box and charged the flat rate. The near-wife didnt argue, just shipped it.
Either way, good that you found a cheaper option.
Ah ha, okay. Just for future reference, USPS policy is this, Only boxes marked "Flat Rate" can ship as such. And, any box marked "Flat Rate" can only be shipped as such. Yeah, that statement gives me a headache too...

Headache? How about simply it ships as a flat rate package if and only if it is marked as a flat rate package. ("If and only if" is such a common thing that in math it's a single word, spelled "iff".)

Sorted through my motor stash. I've got a couple of old E18T reloads that should work nicely. We'll see what altitudes are like--I also have an F51 that would be fun but I don't want to lose it.

I would say nice flight but I didn't see it at all once it left the pad. 😁 But really, nice flight and good report.

Great turn-around time for sure.

Waiting on @Tractionengines to confirm/deny he is ready to Host.

@jqavins You are then next in line.

Sent you a response to your messsge. Should be good to go. We have launch scheduled for 26th. at our club site.

Good deal. And good timing it seems.

With luck (i.e. if all goes smootly for @Tractionengines) then I may be flying it at NARAM at the end of July. I'm looking at flying it with the CTI 24 mm 1G case that I pulled out of the travelling box of parts. That seem appropriate.

Yeps, that sounds fitting.

All you people with your launches and launch sites..😞

It is simply too hot here. Monday was 97, "felt like" 108. And July isn't here yet. This is gonna be rough.

Yes. I have it...made it to me in good shape.
Looks like high probability of thunderstorms Saturday...will have to see if we have club launch,or not. If not I will be very busy for a while and will just send it on... can you PM me jqavins's info, so I can send out Monday one way or the other.

Uhmmm. Sure. Any chance you will get a rain date the following weekend?
I will send the info your way and we can discuss it.

Our next launch would be 2nd Saturday in July. I am going to get crazy busy at work in July / August.
I know jqavins wants to fly at NARAM. I will send to him, so it makes that launch. Maybe it can get a few flights, and/or get more people involved.

If you're rained out tomorrow, let's at least hope you can fly it Sunday.

Come to think of it, since NARAM isn't until the last week of July, it could skip and get back to me if someone else can get a launch-and-ship cycle in before then. But I do think it would be great to get this in the air at a national launch, and I'd hate to miss the opportunity.

Last edited:
Kids and I SHOULD get this into the air today. MTMA (NAR Section 606) has a launch at Harmon Flying Field near the Aurora Outlets, Aurura, OH, from 10:00 to 3:00. Weather is calling for <2mph, and just some high "Fairweather" clouds.
Will let you know in a few hours how it goes.

Back