Transolve P6K

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
Has anyone used the P6K? How easy is it to assemble? Doesn't look like it has many parts to solder on... I need something for my Tethys, and this looks like a good opportunity...

I have a pk6. It wasn't to bad to solder together.I have used it 4 or 5 times without a problem. A while back it blew a fet, when I armed it the nose charge blew on the rail. I e-mailed John at transolve about the problem. He was very quick with the reply. He said it blew a fet and that he could send me one or repair it for 5 bucks. I was using the twist wires together method to arm it,he said it sould have a switch. He also said that it needed low current ematches, I use the ones Wildman sells because thats what we have around here. I don't know how low current they are. I sent it to John , he repaired it and I have used it 3 more times without a problem. I would recommend it for a low budget altimeter. I also own a MC G-Wiz and a MC LC-400. Mike

Buy It.
Not very hard to put together. John at Transolve is great if you get into trouble. $58 - what more do you want? It works.
It only reports in 100 foot increments for altitude, but - it works.....
Good Luck
(FYI - my avatar is my stretched Tethys on an I200W)
Photo of my stretched Tethys

Here's the flight of my stretched Tethys with the Transolve P6K on-board.

Mmm... So it's pretty good, transolve has good customer service... I don't need it yet (heck, i don't even have all the parts to make my Tethys DD) but when I'm ready to fly those I's, I think I'll get it.

I agree, and they work like a charm. I have built two, and flown both MANY times without a failure (caused by the altimeter). One in a 4" bay, the other in a 5.5" bay. :)

Another question

How do you change the main alt? the website says there is a 600/1200 ft chip available, do you solder said chip in place or is it interchangeable?

Best way to get info on Transolve products is to e-mail John. His e-mail address is on the website. He is very responsive, always helpful and direct to the point.

The regular unit comes with a chip that you can select 400 or 800 foot deployment. You change between the two with a jumper. You can buy the unit with the 600/1200 foot chip for the same price. Adjust between the two the same way. If you want all 4 settings - you buy the altimeter and the extra chip for $5 more.

To change from the 400/800 foot chip to the 600/1200, you just pop out one IC from its base and plug in the other you have. It is not soldered into the holder.

Back