trackers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metro

Reaction score
anyone know of a tracker for l 2 that wont cost as much as my house payment. in my home launch field there are a hills that eat rockets also I could use a lot of advice on them

Depends on what kind of tracking you're looking to do and how much your house payment is. I got a GPS tracker with a SIM card for around $100 which let me call the thing, then it texted back its location... there's telemetrum's products if you have a HAM --also BRB, Eggfinder, Missile Works, or you could attach a large streamer to track visually. Hills and valleys may play havoc with your radio transmission... I'd be asking people you fly with what they use with good results...

Later!

--Coop

Eggfinder TRS

Just said tracker. All the Egg stuff is surface mount kits one has to solder together. If metro is up to it can get an EggFinder Mini setup for $125.00 add $5-6.00 for an HC-06 can could track on a map with Android
GPS Rocket Locator and Open Source Maps.

Ask us this question 10 years ago and would have been told $800 to $1500 depending on RDF, GPS or Ham Radio options with the Ham stuff a hair cheaper.

The 900Mhz Beeline GPS is an out of the box option for 3 to $400.00. Not likely for modrocs if that is what metro is looking for. Kurt

Eggfinder products fit the bill for this hobby with their low cost and community support. You won't run into a problem with an Eggfinder product that cannot be resolved either with the company owner or the community. If piecing together your own kit, here is a good place to start:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?134220-GPS-for-less-than-50

GPS is no longer expensive or complicated. Figuring only for time, I'll spend 20 hours on an Estes kit, and god knows how long on a scratch HPR build, so a couple hundred bucks to get them back is negligible. What is your time worth?

Back