Tracker Motor Pics?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvSRG

Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of those old MRC (or is it MPC?) tracker motors that are always on auction? They evidently have a real nice exhaust plume for LPR motors. Just wondering, that's all.

Originally posted by marvSRG
Anyone have any pics of those old MRC (or is it MPC?) tracker motors that are always on auction? They evidently have a real nice exhaust plume for LPR motors. Just wondering, that's all.

MRC Tracket motors were released in two different versions.

There was the original, three to a pack, Tracker motors.

When Bill Stine re-did MRCs rocket line as Concept II, the motors came two to a pack and had nozzle-like igniter retainers.

The Concept II line also featured the FX Smoke generators.

(L-R): Concept II Tracker motors, Original Tracker motors, FX Smoke generator.

Thanx initiator, but I forgot to clarify. I meant launch shots of these motors. My bad. Anyone out there have any?

As has already been stated, the motors that made the rockets move were called "Tracker" and came in the original 3 packs and the later 2 packs. They made lots of tracking smoke. AND they are identical to the current Quest motors. If you love tracking smoke, you will love the new Quest motors. Made in Germany.

The special effects smoke motors were the fx motors and they were tiny little things with nothing but the smoke producing delay material in them. The same stuff that burned without thrust in the regular motors during the delay time was used in the FX motors. The idea was to use the special double ingition system and ignite the smoke motors on the pad and a few seconds later launch the main motor to make it look like a "real rocket" where the engine has to build up to full thrust before lift-off.

Those MRC igniters are coming back. Quest will have a "Q2" igniter later this year. Suitable for clustering.

Originally posted by marvSRG

Fred:

I don't think thats true... The MRC motors where made by a german Manufacturer called MOOG NICO.... the New quest engines are made by Saxony Fireworks , a different German company....
I'm pretty sure that MOOG NICO did not become SAxony....

Of course I could be wrong..at least thats what it says at modellraketen.info .......

Back