Toy's For Tot's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NBC NCO

Reaction score
I would like to ask the members of TRF to support their local Marine Corps Toy's For Tot's program. Please donate a NEW UNWRAPPED toy for a child aged 12 and under. A starter kit would make an excellent gift, it's what I throw in the barrell every year. It's a unisex gift and requires parental involvement, something which is missing in some of these families. If you would like more information about the program please contact your local Marine Corps Reserve center, they also could use some volunteers in separating and distribution.

You can pick up a whole bunch of MMX starter sets for the cost of one Estes starter special, because Toys-R-Us is still clearing them out for $5 per.

Because the kids that receive Toys for Tots tend to be in the lower economic groups, they may not be able to afford the batteries that are needed to make these starter sets work. Don't forget to stop at the dollar store and pick up a set (or two) of batteries to go with the rockets.

Good point Powderburner, thanks for the feedback!

Semper Fi to you too Chilly, I take it your a former Marine, how long did you serve? I just retired a year and a half ago.

I was in for six years, '88 to '93, as an Air Winger. Did a couple of pumps to Japan and 9 months in the sandbox for Gulf War I. Picked up MP as a second MOS over there, and was the unit NBC defense NCO. Funny thing, they sent me to NBC school at Camp Gieger a month before Kuwait got invaded. Good timing, huh?

Latest posts

Back