Towers at LDRS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manixFan

Not a rocket scientist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on bringing a tower to LDRS. Can I bring my own wireless launch system as well and run it from the LCO table or will there be extra leads to run to a tower? It will be used for 29mm-54mm rockets up to K impulse.

Thank you,

Tony Huet

I guess what I am really asking is it ok if we bring our own wireless system that we use at BALLS every year to use at LDRS. That way we don't tie up a set of leads for our tower. I've also run into the issue where there were already a couple of towers set up and the leads wouldn't reach out to another tower set farther out. At BALLS bringing our own controller isn't not an issue, but I can understand that the folks running a launch like LDRS may not want that. We'd obviously only launch from the LCO table and under the direction of the LCO officer. So I'm really looking for an official ruling from Bob or someone else with Kloudbusters.

Tony

I guess what I am really asking is it ok if we bring our own wireless system that we use at BALLS every year to use at LDRS. That way we don't tie up a set of leads for our tower. I've also run into the issue where there were already a couple of towers set up and the leads wouldn't reach out to another tower set farther out. At BALLS bringing our own controller isn't not an issue, but I can understand that the folks running a launch like LDRS may not want that. We'd obviously only launch from the LCO table and under the direction of the LCO officer. So I'm really looking for an official ruling from Bob or someone else with Kloudbusters.

Tony
Tony,
You will not be allowed to use your wireless system at LDRS. If a wireless system is needed, we have a very capable one that has earned our trust over the years. From our point of view it’s a safety issue. Find me when you get ready to set up your tower and we collectively will figure out the best place for it.
Bob Brown
Launch Director, LDRS 38

Back