Tour de Deuce Colorado!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Yes people, the Tour de Deuce is still active. It's hard trying to find the time to work in the time I need to actually sit down and schedule all the people and stuff like that. Sheesh.

So, to hopefully get this project moving again, I jumped on the oppurtunity to fly the Deuce's in Colorado. Me and my family were to be visiting my dad's family in the Colorado Springs area, and I remembered from a previous trip that there was a large field behind my Uncle Don's house. So, when my dad called him about 2 weeks before the launch, I asked my uncle if he would mind if I shipped the Deuce's to him after explaining the project to him. He happily agreed.

So when we arrived in Colorado Springs on the 29th of June, I made sure to make sure (lol) they had arrived safe and sound. My Aunt Cathy (actually Uncle Don's wife) told me they had. I was quite excited.

We had several things to do before we got to the TDD launch, but on July 1st, 2005 with my family and the Colo. Spgs. crew in attendance, at about 11:30 am MST, the 27th state of the Tour de Deuce was completed!!!

Even though I was the one that actually pushed the button, I would like to list my Uncle Don and Aunt Cathy Toft as the actual volunteers, since it wouldn't have happened without them!! Thank you all, love ya!

I have yet to receive the pictures from him, but as soon as I do, I will post them!

Jason

That's great. I was beginning to wonder. C'mon people, help these guys out. They have worked really hard to get this going and are great people in general. Besides, you get a chance to be a part of history.

Originally posted by kelltym88
That's great. I was beginning to wonder. C'mon people, help these guys out. They have worked really hard to get this going and are great people in general. Besides, you get a chance to be a part of history.

I was just curious what else we could do to get people motivated to participate. For a while the Tour was just rolling and it really didn't require a ton of effort on our part.

a clear, concise post of the list of the states you still need volunteers for might help.

Back