Totally Tubular???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fore Check

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything out of them recently?

I've sent multiple emails to Jim Fackert trying to place an order with zero response.

I guess I'm just wondering if it's just me.......:(

I placed an order Feb 2. I have most of the stuff, but am still missing quite a bit. I've been sending emails for several days. I got a reply last week saying he would look into it. Nothing since. I've emailed twice this week with no reply.

Hmmmmmm... That doesn't sound like good news at all.

Does anyone else know where I can get some wound centering rings (you know, the wound paper ones that are about 1/4" thick) at an equivalent price?

I need CR20-50's, CR50-55's, CR3-5's, and CR50-52H.

I know I can get all of those at BMS, but the 50-55's and 50-52h's are that thin black letremax. I *greatly* prefer the wound kraft ones. I was going to order some tubes too, but I can get those from BMS (except the BT101, and that's for a future project anyway......)

I did have a similar order issue and had to send a couple of e-mails as well. I did end up getting my stuff...just took a while.

I have orders delivered to our club meeting from Jim at Totally. He's our club secty. sometimes he forgets a lot and I have to follow him home.

Even a simple order with 5 or 6 items takes a while for him to find.

TUBES EVERYWHERE!!!

Nice guy but pretty unorganized at times.

Of course I'd hate to see all that stuff packed into my barn!

sandman

We (FlisKits) have the wound 5-20 rings and 20-50 rings. Our 50-55 rings are laser cut black fiber.

For the 50-55 ring, *is* there a preference??

let me know what you need.

jim

Originally posted by jflis
We (FlisKits) have the wound 5-20 rings and 20-50 rings. Our 50-55 rings are laser cut black fiber.

For the 50-55 ring, *is* there a preference??

let me know what you need.

jim

For me personally, I strongly prefer the wound kraft rings in any size available - including the 50-55. I also wanted some wound kraft 52H-60 rings.

You might try Red Arrow as well. He usually has the .025 kraft wound rings in a few diff sizes.

Originally posted by flying_silverad
You might try Red Arrow as well. He usually has the .025 kraft wound rings in a few diff sizes.

Eh....

I've got some Red Arrow Hobbies rings and I'm very *not* impressed. The tolerances on them are all over the place; their "loosely" wound and easily unraveled; their thickness is all over the place; and they don't fit well at all in a BT55 (for the CR50-55 rings.) They're either *waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy* too loose in one pack, and the next pack is so tight that you have to unravel the ring one wrap just to get it to fit.

Many here have been quite happy with the rings and tubes from them. I was *not* impressed.

The good news is that Jim replied today. He said my order could ship by the end of next week.

Should I believe him? Should I send him reminders after I send payment (which I do not intend to do until Monday anyway?)

Back