Total Lunar Eclipse Wednesday May 26, 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like our Aussie contingent is going to get the best view of it, but portions of the total eclipse will be visible (weather permitting) in the Western US this coming Wednesday at around 5 a.m.

Probably best to check your local news or check on the net for local times for your specific area.

I've only seen two of these in my life, thought they were really cool. Stumbled open the first when I walked outside from a cabin in Kodachrome park in Utah on vacation.

Only seen one full solar eclipse. That WAS really cool, only had to drive a couple of hours to get a good view of it.

Hope your weather is good! I also have to think about the fact that I think of that early Wednesday morning as part of Tuesday NIGHT

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2021-may-26

Many years ago I did see a total lunar eclipse but it was cloudy so I could only see it sporadically between passing clouds. I remember seeing the faint, rusty red moon while it was in the penumbra of the earth. Didn't see the full occlusion while it was in the umbra.
Tried taking pics but only had my cell phone. No cigar.
You need a good camera and zoom lens or telescope and a long exposure.
A lunar eclipse is also called a blood moon.
A full moon that is at or near its closest point to earth is called a super moon.
So they are calling this a super blood moon.
Trivia fact of the day.
😁

I can't wait till I see it because I have never seen neither solar nor lunar eclipses, so that I'm very excited. I hope my first experience will be successful.

Since it says the Left Coast can view the eclipse at 4:30 a.m., on the twenty-sixth, that I will be either staying up late tonight or getting up real early in the morning. Need to set the alarm.

DAMN!!! Just checked the forecast... Thunderstorms predicted for 7-9pm. F*****G MURPHY and his law!!! I should have known... I can't catch a break when it comes to astronomical events it seems. If you ever want to watch a meteor shower, I strongly advise you to stay well and far away from me. It seems like every time I try to watch one, the weather is cloudy, rainy, or snowy.

All three of my kids woke watched the eclipse with me, they got up about 15 mins before totality then went back to bed immediately after totality. Totality for us was 0418.

Back