Tornado intercept while on foot!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
May 17, 2019
Reed Timmer survives wild close-up encounter with powerhouse tornado in Nebraska

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...-with-powerhouse-tornado-in-nebraska/70008307

What's it like to be inside a tornado as it's forming? Few people, if any, have experienced such a sensation, but Reed Timmer is now one who has -- and lived to talk about it after an extraordinary up-close encounter with a tornado on Friday evening.

As the twister bore down, Timmer could barely see more than a few feet away due to the amount of dirt, dust and debris whipping around. Amid the whirlwind, Timmer's hat went flying off his head and became part of the tornado.

"I was unable to get back to the vehicle and couldn't see it, so I just turned my back to the wind and hoped for the best until it passed," Timmer said.

“...just intercepted the tornado on foot,” Timmer yelled after the twister had passed overhead.
Timmer was left covered in dirt, as well as the inside of his Dominator 3 vehicle, as the doors were left open as the tornado blew through.

The "intercept":

Different view, 360 degree.

Same tornado fully developed.

Nebraska Tornado Outbreak - 5/17/2019

Back