Top Flight shroud marks?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Got this cool X-Chute with my motors from BuyRocketMotors.com

Instructions mention shroud center marks. I ain't seeing them. Am I missing something?16082530671136946346812298418298.jpg

The marks are to show you the center of the line when pulled tight. The marks are used so you get chute shroud lines tied off even. Just fold x panel over. Shroud line attachment point on the other stretch out line and mark center. Its important to get lines tied even.

Well, then maybe you know the answer to this question. What descent rate was used when determining the weight the crossfire chutes will take. When I asked TFR that they didn't know. They did say that the CD was 1.35 to 1.55. Why is it a range?

Maybe just send a note to Preston. Might be an oversight. One little bit missed when the business changed hands?

Maybe just send a note to Preston. Might be an oversight. One little bit missed when the business changed hands?
Good idea. I’ll use the email address on the instructions. Or if you would, pm me Preston’s info or his forum nom de plume.

Edit: sent to their email on their website.

Back