Top Flight Recovery is back open for business!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnobile

Top Flight Recovery LLC
Reaction score
Top Flight Recovery is back open for business! The website is now accepting orders and phone orders can be placed 7 days a week from 8am to 2pm central time.

Please add in comments section of your orders if you'd like specific colors on any parachutes ordered. This can also be done in the PayPal section when you complete your order.

We also are offering X type parachutes in mix-match colors. Please advise what colors you'd like in the comment section of the order form or in PayPal comments section at checkout. These mix-match color X-types parachutes will be made to order.

Thanks for the patience to those who've inquired about orders, we're ready to rock now!

Preston

None of my Top Flight chutes look like that. Is that some kind of hybrid X-form?

Hey Preston, can you deliver at Airfest if I order online? I didn't see you as a vendor there, and don't know if that is possible.

Yes, I can deliver to Airfest! Just add pickup at Airfest in the comments box at the checkout portion of PayPal. Any shipping charge added to the order will be refunded to you.

Preston

None of my Top Flight chutes look like that. Is that some kind of hybrid X-form?

Hey Preston, can you deliver at Airfest if I order online? I didn't see you as a vendor there, and don't know if that is possible.

Preston, I can't think of finer folks than the Nobile family to Continue Gary's long standing tradition of quality & customer service.

Good luck and best wishes for success and fortune.:wink:

Cj

Good luck! Will we see you demonstrating your chutes at TWA this sat?

Preston, I can't think of finer folks than the Nobile family to Continue Gary's long standing tradition of quality & customer service.

Good luck and best wishes for success and fortune.:wink:

Cj

Thanks CJ! See ya at Airfest!

There was some discussion a while back about a variant of the black / metallic streamer reminiscent of the ones sold by Shadow Aero. Is that still a possibility?

There was some discussion a while back about a variant of the black / metallic streamer reminiscent of the ones sold by Shadow Aero. Is that still a possibility?

Absolutely! Give us some time and we will see what we can do!

That is the Crossfire line of chutes. Sizes 24"-144" The 24" make for a very strong drogue chute.

....and those custom 18" Crossfires you made: BEST DROGUES EVER!

Preston, may be one to consider adding to the lineup. Congrats again, bud!

Absolutely! Give us some time and we will see what we can do!

Preston, this is what I was going to talk to you about. Given these streamers are often the only recovery for high altitude flights, I'd suggest adding a pocket at the end. Gary made two or three of these for me years back.

Added: I I can find one I'll send you a picture. Gary might have the pattern, but it seemed like he flared the streamer out some the last 10" to 12" so the pocket (5" to 6") had some pleating on the side allowing it to catch the airstream.

Last edited:
....and those custom 18" Crossfires you made: BEST DROGUES EVER!

Preston, may be one to consider adding to the lineup. Congrats again, bud!

I use the Ultra-X's for a lot of my drogues. Are the small Crossfire's Eric is referring to done with the flat nylon used on the Ultra-X line?

I use the Ultra-X's for a lot of my drogues. Are the small Crossfire's Eric is referring to done with the flat nylon used on the Ultra-X line?

I can't answer for Preston, but the ones Gary & Miki made most certainly did use the flat nylon. Just like the 24" Crossfire, but 6" smaller in diameter....the perfect drogue...just sayin!:wink:

Yep, we will continue to use the flat nylon on the crossfires!

Preston, this is what I was going to talk to you about. Given these streamers are often the only recovery for high altitude flights, I'd suggest adding a pocket at the end. Gary made two or three of these for me years back.

Added: I I can find one I'll send you a picture. Gary might have the pattern, but it seemed like he flared the streamer out some the last 10" to 12" so the pocket (5" to 6") had some pleating on the side allowing it to catch the airstream.

Tim

Sure, in due time we can look into making them. Will check on pattern(s) for this!

Just made my order, but I must have missed the comments box. PayPal charged me for shipping, but I would still like to pick it up at Airfest....

Just made my order, but I must have missed the comments box. PayPal charged me for shipping, but I would still like to pick it up at Airfest....

Wayne

Just sent you an email regarding the shipping, I'll send you the shipping amount back via PayPal.

Thanks for your order!

Preston

Glad to see you off and running with this Preston.
Congratulations!

Back