Ariane 4/5
BOMARC
Nike Ajax
Mercury Atlas
Vostok/Soyuz
N-1

Ez2cDave

Reaction score
NIKE-TOMAHAWK 18.26 IA , LTV SCOUT ( San Marco 1 - "ITALIA" version ), AEOLUS , SUPER CHIEF II . . .

Last edited:

Trident

Retired, plenty of kits
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of scale rockets. I built my Estes Saturn 1B over the winter, also built an Estes V-2 immediately after. The real V-2 had so much nice surface detail, including the fin fairings, that a 3D printed one would be nice. The Estes Maxi V-2 has nice detail, but tough to find.

I'll echo the comments prelviously from Oberon, about a Pershing. I've got resin parts for a 4" model but they weigh a ton.

Finally, not scale, but I just finished a Mars Lander. Those upper paper shrouds were a pain. I'd love to see the body as a 3D part, or parts, to go with conventionally built legs.

mattitude

Reaction score
AIM-9M
AIM-9X
AIM-7M
AIM-120A/B or C
AGM-65
AGM-88

I've not seen many air to air or air to ground missile produced and the ones out there just don't cut it when it comes to scale. If it's not the physical characteristics then it's the decal/markings set that are jacked up. I worked in 3 different US Air Force missile shops during my almost 18 year career so not only would I love to see an accurate kit but I also know exactly what to look for as well. I've been (slowly) working on a Launchpad AIM-9 kit and turning it into a scale build. I recently had one of my buddies send me copies of the 21M-AIM9M-2 technical order that shows all of the markings and where they are positioned as well as the correct paint colors. Hopefully one day I'll get it finished and rock the best AIM-9M scale rocket.

PeterAlway

Reaction score
There might have been a time when I could give a straight answer to this question, but now I really am just looking for things that are weird and different. Like some of the NACA aerodynamic test flights, or Project Vector, with the square payload. Or weird, interesting versions of rockets everyone already knows, like a V-2 with a 10-degree cone plopped on top (I've only seen descriptions, no pictures), or the PEPP Aeroshell. There are so many possibilities...

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The Soviet rockets (Soyuz, etc) have different shapes from the standard tubes so would make kits which are harder to scratchbuild.

P-40Warhawk

Reaction score
All mine have already been mentioned (and, at one time or another, kitted): Gemini-Titan II, Nike Hercules, Bomarc, Aerobee, Perishing.

Actually, any sounding rocket has my interest.

Mark