Tootsie Roll-ket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Heres the start of something. Simple plan and not much finishing work . Tootsie roll bank, Paint caps, plastic toy bubble thingy, make some centering rings ,fins, motor mount set up, ect. The parts just fit. I cut one cap down for the engine nozzle look. The NC is a cap and the top insert of the bank. Im gona cut down the toy bubble thingy to round off NC. The fin design Im not set on just yet. Do want some kind of look like the Buck Rogers,Jetsons theme? I did a roksim (I down loaded trial ) of what I could come up with for a close version and it flew:y: Scotty Dog

Tootsie Plan.JPG

Tootsie.JPG

Tootsie NC.JPG

Cool. I would leave the bubble off, but that's just me... I've an idea for an odd-roc myself, but where is the time...

Cool. I would leave the bubble off, but that's just me... I've an idea for an odd-roc myself, but where is the time...
That is an idea. Would keep it "cleaner" looking. I can always build it with out the bubble. I could put it on after if I wanted. Were is the time? Time travels, so who knows? Thats why now one can find it.:D Scotty Dog

Got the Toosie Roll-ket just about done. Few touch-ups on the bottom of fins. I had superglued them to a board to paint. Pictures pretty much tell the story. I used a wire staple for the shockcord attachment to NC. Put a spacer between Main tube and engine bell with centering ring.Ring inside ring inside cap to center bell. Painted the fins, then put them on. Thats about it. I like it. Scotty Dog

Tootsie 1.JPG

Tootsie 2.JPG

Tootsie 3.JPG

Tootsie 4.JPG

Very KEWL Scottydog!
I like it as well, great use of another bank LOL!!!! looks like it'll be a pretty good flyer as well, have you swing tested it yet? Be sure to do so before it's first launch, sometimes we find a little clay now saves rebuilding a bit later;)

Very KEWL Scottydog!
I like it as well, great use of another bank LOL!!!! looks like it'll be a pretty good flyer as well, have you swing tested it yet? Be sure to do so before it's first launch, sometimes we find a little clay now saves rebuilding a bit later;)
Thanks. No swing test yet.
My buddy said to fill it with mini Tootsie Rolls and on ejection it will rain chocolate. I like that, Chocolate rain. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM yummy Scotty Dog

You meant to post this in LPR Contest thread?
Cuz,if you didnt ,Im going to tell you straight up-some RUDE of you to post about how great someone and that someones rocket is in a totaly dif build thread and NOT even mention the rocket or builder in this thread. You also pulled the same ME<ME<ME< crap in a thread I posted about max weight on lift off. You went back and forth nit picking with some
one else for DAYS!!Here's a CLUE young man-A smart man is a man that knows what he DOESNT KNOW.Ill give you a couple years to figure that one out. Have a good day! Scotty Dog :gavel:

Sorry about that Scotty Dog!
Only added the my pics to show you that adding "aero" cones to odd-rocs really isn't necessary unless your doing it for some other esthetic reason. ScrapDaddy gets a little carried away sometimes... but I don't think he ment any disrespect...as you mentioned, just needs a little time;)

As an avid Odd-Roc'er I'm quite impressed with your Tootsie Roll-ket! Turely a great addition to the fleets:)

Sorry about that Scotty Dog!
Only added the my pics to show you that adding "aero" cones to odd-rocs really isn't necessary unless your doing it for some other esthetic reason. ScrapDaddy gets a little carried away sometimes... but I don't think he ment any disrespect...as you mentioned, just needs a little time;)

As an avid Odd-Roc'er I'm quite impressed with your Tootsie Roll-ket! Turely a great addition to the fleets:)
Have no issues with you Micro- Just the kid. And I do have to remember, he is a kid.Just seems like he doesnt take any advice on his postings. Hes been talk to before about this matter. But-Im over it.Today is a new day and the sun is out. Scotty Dog :cheers: PS Thanks for the props on the Tootsie

Headed to the fields and launched 4 rockets after work. Absolute Zero,Tootsie-rollket,Bull-Pup and an Alpha.Not many pics. camera would not set to "rapid fire" 5 quick pics. I took vids and then switched to single shot when rockets were flying. Not so to handy way to take pics. Anywhoo- the Tootsie did fly. Flew it on a B6-4. arched over a little and chute did not fully open. No Damage. The Bull- Pup flew on a B6-4. That is a fine flier.Chute on that didnt fully open either. No Damage. Now the "Alpha" :roll: Put a C6-5 in it.GONE!!!!! We figured it for lost. On the drive out , I saw a spec of white out in field. I pulled over and walked out and found the Alpha body speared in ground, no NC and no chute. Guess I have an issue with the "recovery end of rocketeering."the absolute flew SWEET pics in AZ thread of it. Scotty Dog

Alpha Mud.JPG

Alpha C6-5.JPG

Scotty D:
Are you talc baby powdering your chutes just before launch? New parasheets are noted for sticking in humid or cold weather. A heavy dusting of Talc baby powder does wonders to help them open as well as giving a nice tracking cloud at ejection.

I've found that preparing the night before is OK if you do not wrap the shroudlines around the canopy at all. instead neatly fold them in on top of the spiked and tri folded canopy setting on top of whatever recovery wadding your using. Then lay in the remaining shockcord and NC.
On very Humid or cold launch days I'll repack the chutes just before launch adding a bit of Babypowder just to be sure. Talc helps streamers as well.
Hope this helps.

Scotty D:
Are you talc baby powdering your chutes just before launch? New parasheets are noted for sticking in humid or cold weather. A heavy dusting of Talc baby powder does wonders to help them open as well as giving a nice tracking cloud at ejection.

I've found that preparing the night before is OK if you do not wrap the shroudlines around the canopy at all. instead neatly fold them in on top of the spiked and tri folded canopy setting on top of whatever recovery wadding your using. Then lay in the remaining shockcord and NC.
On very Humid or cold launch days I'll repack the chutes just before launch adding a bit of Babypowder just to be sure. Talc helps streamers as well.
Hope this helps.
Yes on the talc . The chute in the Tootsie I took out of my StormCaster which has been stored (packed)for weeks. Should have let it "airout" and then repacked it correctly.Same on the Bull-Pup, stored(packed) for weeks.These chutes have permement folds in them. Been around for years.Time for some new ones I guess.The Absolute Zero, I made that NEW chute just before heading out and powered it real nice like.That worked real swell. Boy, am I glad too, Didnt want that bird to crash land. I have been packing my chutes backwards maybe? I put all the cord and lines in BT on wadding then put the chute in last. :confused2: Ill try it your way next launch.Thanks Scotty Dog

you should make one that has a payload and you could drop tootsie rolls

Back