Tool to Fill in spirals in tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Rocket

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Created a syring tool to fill in spirals.
Get:
Wood Filler.
Plastic pipet
medicine syring
Super glue extender tip.

Water down the wood filler just a tiny bit of water does the trick. Like one drop..get a thick soupy constinstency. Cut tip of the pipet. Stick it on the tip of the syring then put a super glue extender on. Pictures and video attached...take it all apart to clean and reuse. No need to glue tips together. Tight fitting.

Attachments

• 20230127_170358.jpg
    20230127_170358.jpg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230127_170328.jpg
    20230127_170328.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Created a syring tool to fill in spirals.
Get:
Wood Filler.
Plastic pipet
medicine syring
Super glue extender tip.

Water down the wood filler just a tiny bit of water does the trick. Like one drop..get a thick soupy constinstency. Cut tip of the pipet. Stick it on the tip of the syring then put a super glue extender on. Pictures and video attached...take it all apart to clean and reuse. No need to glue tips together. Tight fitting.
I do the same thing. I also use a spreader to take off the excess.

I have found these spreaders very useful to ensure the excess is removed.

Last edited:
I use the plastic single edge razor pack of three to five at the hardware stores, they're usually always red in color for the handle, and yellow for the blade. makes for a very easy to hold spreader.

I have some 12cc curved tip syringes. I may have to give one a try. 90% of the time I ignore spirals, can't tell the difference when it's on the pad....

maybe this is heresy, but i always laid down a layer of original kilz (spray can) and sandy sandy voila, messier sure, but very clean overall look. it has very high build w/o even trying, in fact you wanna avoid it, just quick lengthwise runs

Back