too much snow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howie

Reaction score
When will the snow end? I'm frozen in! All the snow has frozen my front door
shut.:eyepop:

Wow, Mike, I didn't realize you lived so close by. :eyepop: (I live in Columbia and work in Beltsville :rolleyes: .) I remember one of your visits to SEARS 572 while I still lived in Florida. Who do you fly with up here? :confused:

Fortunately our apartment's front door is in a breezeway so there's no snow at the door itself, but the parking lot's full of these six-foot-tall mounds (five feet worth of car plus at least a foot of snow). Guess my archery class won't be meeting tomorrow. :confused2:

Not much to do today except think up new and exciting uses for smileys. :caffeine:

Snow, what snow? I don't live in Buffalo, I live in MD. Gotta love climate change. 24 " and counting. Second 20 " storm of the season. This one is gonna be a record setter.

11.jpg

Being south of DC by 40 miles has made a difference. We only had 12" this morning. It's now 12:30 and we're only up to 17". Should be stopping before we get to 22".

At least the December storm was 20" of dry and fluffy snow, easy to shovel. This sh#* is wet and heavy. :y: :mad: It's going to be a back breaker.

Two trees down, one of them I didn't like anyway. It knew I didn't like it which is why it fell across my two cars that were in the driveway:mad:... And still it falls.

Nooooo, we're not getting much snow here at all! Heres a picture I just took out my front door of my driveway. To the left you can clearly see my 1999 Lincoln Continental. Parked behind it is my 1991 Honda Civic hatchback. They may be a little bit hard to make out because of the snow covered tree that has collapsed across the tops of both vehicles. But it might actually get bad because its still snowing. Oh... And that white mound all the way to the back is my Jeep that I count on to get around in this crap... Its stuck :rolleyes: .

DSCN5814a.jpg

I know it's got to be a pain, but man do I wish I was there right now on the east coast.

I know it's got to be a pain, but man do I wish I was there right now on the east coast.

You are a crazy man! :confused: I don't don't really like snow, but hate it worse when I feel like a prisoner in my own home.

Okay this crap can stop anytime soon. The picture with the roof in the bottom of the yard is my dogs house and the peak of the roof is 5' tall. The other is my German Shorthair trying to figure out where to go pee. These picture where taken at 9:30 this morning and the snow is still coming down. We got over 24".

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

It's slowing down now, but the weatherman says there's another band coming through that can drop another inch or two. The official amount for our county is 25.5", but I only have 21" on my picnic table, maybe it settled some.

Either way, the birds are loving it. They now have a pine tree next to the bird feeder. Let's them hide from the hawk that's been hunting them today.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Wow, Mike, I didn't realize you lived so close by. :eyepop: (I live in Columbia and work in Beltsville :rolleyes: .) I remember one of your visits to SEARS 572 while I still lived in Florida. Who do you fly with up here? :confused:

Fortunately our apartment's front door is in a breezeway so there's no snow at the door itself, but the parking lot's full of these six-foot-tall mounds (five feet worth of car plus at least a foot of snow). Guess my archery class won't be meeting tomorrow. :confused2:

Not much to do today except think up new and exciting uses for smileys. :caffeine:

I try to fly with NARHAMS. Every once and a while NOVAAR. I live half way
between both fields.:D

Just heard that the official count for BOWIE MD is 26 inches, and still falling.:eyepop:

We didn't get anything....

Your in NJ right? If you didn't get anything, why have I been working at the Highway Department since Friday?

You guys can have it!!!! Up untill this past Monday we had about 2 weeks that for the most part was bare grass due to a nice thaw. There's about 2 inches on the ground now. I love Wisconsin!!!!

Nothing from this storm. I was watching the traffic cams & only saw it on the lower half of the state. Normally we get the brunt of it....

JD

We didn't get anything....

Your in NJ right? If you didn't get anything, why have I been working at the Highway Department since Friday?

This is one storm where it paid to be "up north" 80 miles north of Detroit and all we had were cluds...no snow at all.

Anybody wanna rent my new snow blower?;)

You all have my sympathy.

We only got a few inches and the sun was back out today. Too many cloudy days in January for me.

What snow? :confused2:

Cold today (nicer yesterday) and should be getting warmer on Sunday. Get a snow thrower or take it easy with your back.

Hardly any snow this year.

20-22 inches in my area - my plant was closed down for the first time in many years. But we only get this big a storm every 5-6 years and it's nice to have a day off work once in a while. I had hoped to dig out and go to a hockey game in Hershey this evening but they canceled hockey due to the snow? This wouldn't have bothered anyone in Canada

I just wish it had waited one day, I would rather have tomorrow off to watch the Super Bowl

After I took this picture, we got another 8 inches.

P1020435_1024x768.JPG

Had to shove our front door open we had so much snow. Guess no rocket painting this week. :(

we had a record ----4" ....and it was gone 2 days later.

I wish we could get like 3'-4 ',,some real snow like everybody else darnit !

Back